Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

not another stretching thread!

Options
  • 11-02-2013 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

right lads, very new to the piercing game, around november i seen a fake taper thingy in claires and said i would get it, with a mind to real stretching in the future,so my mate stuck one of his mams sewing needles through my ear that night, wore that around until last week and bought a 2mm acrylic taper (you can see where this is going),

taper went in very painlessly and with ease so after 3 days i decided my ears must be stretchy enough and got a 3mm(not good now i know) , hurt myself putting this one and it was very tight and sore and just did not feel good in general so i put the 2mm back in but the damage was done, got a bit infected so i put a stud into it 2 days ago, all is well now it seems to have healed quiet quick but there was a little bit of blowout which is nearly gone today, ive been washing with surgical spirits and giving tea tree massages.

so basically ive wasted some time and some money doing things the wrong way but ive read into things a bit now and will be stretching up slowly,

ive definitely learned my lesson now and will be taking my time getting to my 6-8mm goal, the real question is when will it be safe to bring that ear back to 2mm (ive got some proper steel plugs this time)

as for my other ear, need to get it pierced and id like to do it properly this time, is it possible/ advisable to get it done at 2mm and work up from there or should i just start at 16/18g and be patient?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

You can get the other ear punched to 4mm if you want.

Leave the other ear alone for at least 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Read this thread well: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055256564

You should probably let a piercer take a look at the ear before you go any further with it.
    And a blowout will not have healed within 2 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

You have shown a complete lack of knowledge to do with piercing and stretching more than usual, congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

Jesus, and then you wonder why people are afraid to come onto forums looking for advice and go about things the wrong way :rolleyes:

Raze there's no need for that. Be civil or don't bother posting please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

Melion wrote: »
    You can get the other ear punched to 4mm if you want.

Leave the other ear alone for at least 2 months.
    dont fancy punching if im honest, I see the needles go up a few sizes before needing punching but will it be more a less the same process?
    Read this thread well: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055256564

You should probably let a piercer take a look at the ear before you go any further with it.
    And a blowout will not have healed within 2 days!

yeah i had a good read of that one AFTER doing the damage, not sure its a blowout but theres definitely some harder/rougher tissue on the outside of the back of the lobe, probabaly need a professional opinion on it.

I reckon the best course of action now is to leave the ear well alone for a while and go about getting my other side pierced, when both ears heal up well enough i can work on stretching them both at the same rate.

thanks for the advice lads by the way, im sure i would of tried to stretch my ear back upto 2mm after a week or so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

You can be pierced to 2.4mm IIRC. Let the first ear heal properly(2-3 months) and then start again by getting both pierced to 2.4mm.

Melion wrote: »
    You can be pierced to 2.4mm IIRC. Let the first ear heal properly(2-3 months) and then start again by getting both pierced to 2.4mm.

This. ^

Being lopsided will just annoy you!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

You shouldn't use surgical spirits to heal a piercing, far too harsh! Try a sea salt solution.

Advertisement