Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic v Juventus 7.45 TV3

1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Lads ye are worse for replying to him, just ignore the troll, he is trying to fill time with no meaningfull football for at least the next three years, this is he's way of feeling involved.

Sure I know, it's no harm to expose him for what he is though. He's talking to himself now, let him rattle on:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

This is painful.

Just stop. If the last post in this thread is Jelle making an eejit of himself we can all go home happy.

This is painful.

Just stop. If the last post in this thread is Jelle making an eejit of himself we can all go home happy.

I'm sure he'll oblige;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Haha, the same old 'lololol you're in Div3'.

Face it: I'm not trolling, or baiting or whatever you think.
    I'm simply giving my opinion, and as usual (Remember the Barcelona - Celtic game, when other fans gave their opinions that conflicted with the tims' here ?) it can't be allowed according to some.

edit: If you lot wouldn't comment on my posts that's good too, saves us both the trouble :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I suppose when all you have to listen to is Charles Green, your mind would get a bit messed up!

• Advertisement

PauloMN wrote: »
    I suppose when all you have to listen to is Charles Green, your mind would get a bit messed up!
    "It's a myth that Juventus 'did their homework'. That's rubbish! They defend like that week in, week out in Serie A"

Neil Lennon.

Come again ? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

This is painful.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Celtics/Lennons reaction to the this game in the aftermath has been classless in the extreme and I'd be embarrassed if I was a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Celtics/Lennons reaction to the this game in the aftermath has been classless in the extreme and I'd be embarrassed if I was a fan.

This is the biggest load of bull Iv ever read! Lennon along with any other manager wants to win and felt a fair few things went against them... Any manager would b angered over it! Nothing different to anything fergie/wenger does or dagleish during his time at Liverpool!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Carroller wrote: »
    This is the biggest load of bull Iv ever read! Lennon along with any other manager wants to win and felt a fair few things went against them... Any manager would b angered over it! Nothing different to anything fergie/wenger does or dagleish during his time at Liverpool!

So they put DVD's together to send to UEFA. I don't think so

• Advertisement

Carroller wrote: »

Its almost akin to Ireland asking for a rematch/to be put in the world cup as a 33rd team after the Henry debacle. Just extremely pathetic and desperate stuff from Celtic imo.

You're acting like they're hiring Michael Moore to produce a feature length documentary about it. It's simply a case of sending the footage to them and asking for clarification on the rules. Although we already know it's in breach of the rules so really it's just asking for the referee to be dealt with.

It is the standard procedure in presenting evidence, not some unprecedented tantrum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,316 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I'd be embarrassed if I was a fan.

Just as well for us that you are not :pac:

Its almost akin to Ireland asking for a rematch/to be put in the world cup as a 33rd team after the Henry debacle. Just extremely pathetic and desperate stuff from Celtic imo.
    What a ridiculous comparison. Get a grip of yourself.

Acting as if this is the first time anybody has sought redress for poor refereeing.

Nobody is even suggesting the result would have been different. So many straw man arguments in this thread. Pathetic and desperate indeed.

Just as well for us that you are not :pac:

Yep, think we can both agree with that.

They are not looking for a rematch, they are simply asking for an explanation as to why the ref failed time and again to apply the rules of the game on what was happening right in front of him. They are perfectly entitled to do that, there's nothing strange or desperate about it. Will ya cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Lennonist wrote: »
    They are not looking for a rematch, they are simply asking for an explanation as to why the ref failed time and again to apply the rules of the game on what was happening right in front of him. They are perfectly entitled to do that, there's nothing strange or desperate about it. Will ya cop on.

I'm surprised they aren't delighted with this news and now eagerly looking forward to UEFA's reply, which they presumably are certain will confirm that the defender's actions were not worthy of further punishment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

PauloMN wrote: »
    Didn't realise it was a competition, I was just being honest. That's exactly how I felt when I read his post, and I guess if you had to read the endless "it's only banter when...." posts, and the "obsessed with us" posts, you'd probably feel exactly the same.

Thats his approach every single time. No originality at all

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    No I'm not taking the piss about the Hooper-Lichtsteiner thing, it's Celtic fans who seem to be oblivious that it was Hooper who started it time and time again, but yet only Lichtsteiner should be punished.

And so what if Viali says that, it's his opinion and he's entitled to it.

Anyway, good to see the 'always cheated, never defeated' mantra is still strong amongst the Celtic faithful, backed up by their manager 'seeking clarification' with UEFA.

edit: And now apparently Celtic are compiling a dossier regarding the ref for UEFA, couldn't make it up.

But you said its celtic fans that are blaming Lichsteiner?? Nearly every newspaper report and pundit ive read or heard has said the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

So they put DVD's together to send to UEFA. I don't think so

If it highlights what happens off the ball and stamps it out I don't see why anyone has a problem with this! There's a still a second leg not as if celtic are trying to sneak themselves into the next round

• Advertisement

Thats his approach every single time. No originality at all

Probably because there's not a single original post from Celtic fans whenever a Rangers fan comments on their team or club.

It's all us being bitter, or us trying to forget 'our own woes in Division 3'.

No, it just can not be that we simply disagree, impossible so it is.

I would love to see the response when it's Spartak or Benfica who send a 'dossier' about the ref's failings when they played Celtic.

edit: Just saw that they're actually sending a DVD to UEFA.
    **** me sideways.

I'm sure UEFA will look at it with a perfectly open mind :D

01.UEFA%2BE.L.%2BGrupo%2BI.%2BUdinese%2BCalcio%2B1%2B-%2BCeltic%2BGlasgow%2B1%2B%252815-12-2011%2529.jpg

Probably because there's not a single original post from Celtic fans whenever a Rangers fan comments on their team or club.

It's all us being bitter, or us trying to forget 'our own woes in Division 3'.

No, it just can not be that we simply disagree, impossible so it is.

I would love to see the response when it's Spartak or Benfica who send a 'dossier' about the ref's failings when they played Celtic.

edit: Just saw that they're actually sending a DVD to UEFA.
    **** me sideways.

I'm sure UEFA will look at it with a perfectly open mind :D

01.UEFA%2BE.L.%2BGrupo%2BI.%2BUdinese%2BCalcio%2B1%2B-%2BCeltic%2BGlasgow%2B1%2B%252815-12-2011%2529.jpg

Yes because as i said earlier its obviously just celtic fans and not many other journalists and pundits and other football fans. Yeah right.:rolleyes: I dont recall the same outcry by independent observers over incidents on the spartak and benfica games. If you really are equating 50/50 decisions that went our way and which happen in every game, to what went n the other night, well i dont know what t say tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yes because as i said earlier its obviously just celtic fans and not many other journalists and pundits and other football fans. Yeah right.:rolleyes: I dont recall the same outcry by independent observers over incidents on the spartak and benfica games. If you really are equating 50/50 decisions that went our way and which happen in every game, to what went n the other night, well i dont know what t say tbh
    And you think there would be the same outcry in the media if Celtic 'cheated' their way to a 3-0 away win in Turin, do you?

CSF wrote: »
    And you think there would be the same outcry in the media if Celtic 'cheated' their way to a 3-0 away win in Turin, do you?

What???? No one is saying Juventus cheated. I certainly am not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Celtic fans are still moaning about this 3 full days after the game!

Get over it!

Ok change the phrasing then. Do you think the same media outcry would be going on if Juventus were the victim of perceived bad refereeing decisions against Celtic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

BhoscaCapall said it in about 10 separate posts.

fullstop wrote: »
    BhoscaCapall said it in about 10 separate posts.

Dont judge us all by his rants

Ok change the phrasing then. Do you think the same media outcry would be going on if Juventus were the victim of perceived bad refereeing decisions against Celtic?

Probably not in the UK/Irish media to the same extent maybe but would certainly have been highlighted i think cos it was so blatant. I think if it was any other team from the UK it would have been highlighted just as much if not more

• Advertisement

Probably not in the UK/Irish media to the same extent maybe but would certainly have been highlighted i think cos it was so blatant. I think if it was any other team from the UK it would have been highlighted just as much if not more
    I don't think so. Think this was a typical case of plucky underdog puts up a good fight so the media feel more obliged to pander to the kind of ****e the general public want to hear.

I don't think so. Think this was a typical case of plucky underdog puts up a good fight so the media feel more obliged to pander to the kind of ****e the general public want to hear.

Well we'll agree to differ then. The lads in the pub i watched it in felt just the same as the game unfolded. They didnt need the media to cheer lead for them. I dont think every pundit necessarily panders to that kind of ****e either.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Celtic fans are still moaning about this 3 full days after the game!

Get over it!

We are over it. We always accepted the result and that Juve deserved to win. The club are just asking for the ref to be held to account, I don't understand why some people around here appear to have a problem with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

As I said: I wasn't.
    I was only taking the piss with this outrage at the referee, and how it's starting to become typical and tiresome (as no doubt many people who follow Scottish football could agree upon).

So far none of you seems to have admitted that Hooper was equally, if not more at fault for the tussle in the box.

Despite the facts being there that he desperately tried to impede Buffon.

Hooper's entitled to stand where he wants, even if that is right in front of the keeper. The Juve defender is not entitled to have his arm around Hooper's torso in order to stop him from getting to the ball. The ref failed to apply the rules of the game.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Hooper's entitled to stand where he wants, even if that is right in front of the keeper. The Juve defender is not entitled to have his arm around Hooper's torso in order to stop him from getting to the ball. The ref failed to apply the rules of the game.

Hooper wasn't just standing right in front of Buffon, he was constantly pushing up against him.

Law 12:

It is an offence to restrict the movement of the goalkeeper by unfairly impeding him, e.g. at the taking of a corner-kick.

Law 12:

It is an offence to restrict the movement of the goalkeeper by unfairly impeding him, e.g. at the taking of a corner-kick.
    There's your key word there buddy.

Standing in front of someone = fair
    Shoving them, pinning them into the net, pulling their shirt off, bear hugging them = unfair. Hence why the referee said he would award a penalty if it continued (which it did, all game).

Thanks for clarifying our position, even if it wasn't your intention.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Hooper wasn't just standing right in front of Buffon, he was constantly pushing up against him.

Law 12:

"constantly pushing up against him"

Lol, I've fcukin' heard it all now!!!!!!!

Hooper was not "unfairly impeding" the keeper ffs. Nothing close to it. Take off the Sevconian specs.

You lot are ****ing unreal.

Here's a little example:

http://blog.emiratesstadium.info/archives/9527

edit: Another one.
    http://www.askasoccerreferee.com/?cat=87

And the best part of all is where I found it:

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3350748&postcount=82

You lot are ****ing unreal.

Here's a little example:

http://blog.emiratesstadium.info/archives/9527

edit: Another one.
    http://www.askasoccerreferee.com/?cat=87

And the best part of all is where I found it:

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3350748&postcount=82

Anyone would think you are..... dare I say it..... obsessed! :pac:

****, you got me ;)

Or maybe I just want to defend our new best friends ;)

****, you got me ;)

Or maybe I just want to defend our new best friends ;)
    Will you be using your arms to defend them or staying within the rules of the game ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

that's me when I get a late goal against in FM :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement