Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic v Juventus 7.45 TV3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Wow your sarcasm needs worked on. Or do you really believe a 1-1 draw is a good result for them

I think that incredible statement of the obvious deserved a sarcastic reply.

Its all relative to what you mean by 'good'. Any draw against a world class team like Juve is a good result, but in terms of progressing to the next stage it obviously wouldn't be ideal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Juve are a good side but they aren't world class.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Rekop dog wrote: »
    I think that incredible statement of the obvious deserved a sarcastic reply.

Its all relative to what you mean by 'good'. Any draw against a world class team like Juve is a good result, but in terms of progressing to the next stage it obviously wouldn't be ideal.

Sorry I despise Celtic but in no way will a 1-1 draw be seen as good. I really think some people need to take a look a Celtic's home form against world class teams for example I take it you know they have never lost to an Italian team at Parkhead.

And as I said you need to work on your sarcasm ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Most clubs have never beaten Celtic at home tbh, but these statistics mean little as it's the 22 players today that will influence it.

Referee and linesmen too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Any Celtic fan would take 1-0 tonight I say.

Even 0-0 would not be disaster but IMO they cannot lose or it's game set and match. I give them zero chance of winning in Turin.

Sorry I despise Celtic but in no way will a 1-1 draw be seen as good. I really think some people need to take a look a Celtic's home form against world class teams for example I take it you know they have never lost to an Italian team at Parkhead.

And as I said you need to work on your sarcasm ;)

Celtic are inferior to a man in every position on the pitch, extremely so in some positions. By basic football logic a draw in this scenario is always good regardless of history of clashes with Italian sides in the past.

Celtic are inferior to a man in every position on the pitch, extremely so in some positions. By basic football logic a draw in this scenario is always good regardless of history of clashes with Italian sides in the past.

See this is where you are falling down. Logic doesn't come into it you have obviously forgotten what happened when they played Barcalona recently.

I hope your logic works and they get battered but I know Celtic to well to count on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Juve are a good side but they aren't world class.

They have a super defence and midfield, what they lack is a genuine world class forward. If they had gotten van Persie or Suarez in the Summer they'd be some team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Celtic starting XI to play Juventus: Forster; Lustig, Wilson, Ambrose, Izaguirre; Forrest, Brown, Wanyama, Mulgrew; Commons, Hooper
    Subs: Zaluska, Matthews, Kayal, Ledley, Miku, Watt, Lassad

Samaras didn't make it. Bit of a gamble starting Ambrose after all the travel. Other than that it's along expected lines, although Ledley has also missed out, with young Forrest being given the nod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

How is that Celtic team likely to line up? 4-5-1 with Commons and Forrest on the wings? Could it possibly be 3-5-2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Can't wait for this one. Let's hope it's another memorable night in Paradise.

See this is where you are falling down. Logic doesn't come into it you have obviously forgotten what happened when they played Barcalona recently.

I hope your logic works and they get battered but I know Celtic to well to count on it

Just because they've plenty of previous home giant scalps doesn't lessen the achievement if they do it again tonight(draw or win). They still have to go out there and perform out of their skins to not be beaten. As I said earlier I think they will get a result(won't be beat) in tonights leg but think Juve will win handy enough in Turin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Juve are as expected.

Juventus starting XI: Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Caceres, Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Peluso, Matri, Vucinic

Substitutes: Storari, Pogba, Giovinco, Anelka, Padoin, Quagliarella, Marrone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Lennonist wrote: »
    Celtic starting XI to play Juventus: Forster; Lustig, Wilson, Ambrose, Izaguirre; Forrest, Brown, Wanyama, Mulgrew; Commons, Hooper
    Subs: Zaluska, Matthews, Kayal, Ledley, Miku, Watt, Lassad

Samaras didn't make it. Bit of a gamble starting Ambrose after all the travel. Other than that it's along expected lines, although Ledley has also missed out, with young Forrest being given the nod.

Pity that Sammy missed out, I think i would've preferred Ledley to start instead of Commons or Forrest to help defensively.

Just because they've plenty of previous home giant scalps doesn't lessen the achievement if they do it again tonight(draw or win). They still have to go out there and perform out of their skins to not be beaten. As I said earlier I think they will get a result(won't be beat) in tonights leg but think Juve will win handy enough in Turin.

I am not saying it will but I stand by the view that most tic fans, players or management will not see 1-1 each as a good result

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Sammy is a big blow to us, really big blow. He's a key player in these type of games, esp. at home. If there's one player I'd not want to be without tonight, he's it. Gutted tbh, I hope we can take something from tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I predict the making of James Forrest tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

3-0 Juve I reckon

Vidal
    Matri
    Liechtsteiner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Juve to win 2-0.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Here we go, C'MON THE HOOPS!!!

• Advertisement

Lustig rocking the James Franco look.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

come on bhoys, get into these from the start

C'mon Celtic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,316 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

5ce93bee14b923aa536ce52eceb786b8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

ugh clive tydseley & andy fecking townsend.

Impressive first couple of minutes from Celtic. Thrown away.

Horror show from Ambrose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Has to say Juve did well on the counter.

PauloMN wrote: »
    As always with Celtic in European games, it's all about keeping the head for the first while - if they manage that, it will be very tight - but if they do the whole concede within 5 minutes bit we've seen in the past, then it really is game over I fear. I'm hoping the confidence will not be a problem after plenty of games between the qualifiers and group stages.

:D Oh well, it was good while it lasted!

Long night ahead now. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Ambrose, what a mess up. Disaster of a start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Get in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

What is the point of the extra officials? That ball was miles over the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Rezident

Great nudge by matri. Sneaky but effective, refs never give those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Is Ambrose normally prone to mistakes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

If there's one good thing to come out of that, maybe it'll calm Trevor ''Mr Shouty'' Welch down a bit. Turn the volume down a bit Trevor, pretty please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

YESSSSSSSSS

Aside from that absolute howler, I'm pleased with the start from Celtic. This game is not lost, we've had more ball than I thought, nice to see Vic trying a couple of shots already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Could they end up giving that to matri

Forster could have done better too, could have been braver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,316 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Dreadful start :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Shamrock Rovers held out 3 seconds longer before conceding against them.

Looking shaky there again at back, just got away with it. Couple of long range decent shots give hope tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Great chance for Commons

Lol at the ITV commentators. It's defo Marchisio's goal. Irrelevant that the initial shot crossed the line as it wasn't given.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Celtic should be level. With better finishing, albeit from outside the box, they'd have at least one goal.

So far it's fair to say Lennon got his tactics spot on but his selection wrong. Ambrose looks lost.

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    So far it's fair to say Lennon got his tactics spot on but his selection wrong. Ambrose looks lost.

Playing Ambrose so soon after arriving back from ACN is mental. Not surprising he made such a basic error, I'd say he's physically and mentally wrecked.

Will someone tell that fecker that Hooper and Commons are two different people?

What a chance there, shud have been put away by Commons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Juve look very poor. Celtic look like they could grab a goal or two against this side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Celtic showing great heart and all but I just have a bad feeling they are going to get ripped apart on the counter a couple of times more tonight.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement