Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic v Juventus 7.45 TV3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

When Celtic get it down they are proving capable of playing through Juve, but they aren't showing enough patience and trying to force it through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭RayCon

Good game for the neutral so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Blatter wrote: »
    Lol at the ITV commentators. It's defo Marchisio's goal. Irrelevant that the initial shot crossed the line as it wasn't given.
    Is there no dodgy goal committee in the U CL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Is there no dodgy goal committee in the U CL?

On twitter it says that the press association have given it to matri

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

A lot of poor shooting from Celtic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Need to do more, no point sitting back, just mad long range shooting with 1 man up front at 1 nil down

That would have been something :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Celtic are playing very well and very differently to the game against Barca...shame a defensive error has cost them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I forgot how boring Italian football is and juve are suppose to be an attacking team...

Overall juve will probably end up winning by 2 goals though it won't be a fair reflection of how Celtic played, they're playing really well just they any sort of talent up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Great battle there between Pirlo and Brown,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Playing Ambrose so soon after arriving back from ACN is mental. Not surprising he made such a basic error, I'd say he's physically and mentally wrecked.

Don't be so naive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,384 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Lol at the ITV commentators. It's defo Marchisio's goal. Irrelevant that the initial shot crossed the line as it wasn't given.

The press association have 'corrected' it to Matri now as well; how the fcuk can Matri be given the goal if the ref didn't call it? For all intents and purposes he didn't score, the fella following up did.

hahaha at the Juve fan with the fingers when the camera went onto him

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Celtic should have equalised really, I think they've been the better side apart from that dreadful mistake. I think playing Ambrose was a mistake tbh, looks tired. I expect he'll be subbed early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Hopefully Vidal will be back on Sassoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

PauloMN wrote: »
    Celtic should have equalised really, I think they've been the better side apart from that dreadful mistake. I think playing Ambrose was a mistake tbh, looks tired. I expect he'll be subbed early.

Yeah he doesn't look fully fit at all. Undoing all the brilliant work of the players in front of him.

how is Hooper getting a yellow! ref is a joke at these corners...has to give a penalty!

Celtic should have had a penalty there, no reason for it not to be given.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Ref = total cock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Was that a headbutt on hooper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

How is that Juve defender still on the pitch?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Hooper went to throw him to the ground and fell himself.

Great game, any second now Juve cud go 2 up...then again Celtic are trying so hard a 1-1 cud happen too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Celtic should have had a penalty, outrageous stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

irish-stew wrote: »

Juve have probably bought him a nice watch knowing their history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Jaysus every shot is straight at Buffon. Impressive display though, bar the sloppy goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Don't let yourselves get conned by the Celtic crowd; you don't get penalties for that sort of thing. The Celtic fans are ridiculously self-righteous, any little nick from Juve players and they're up in arms, Celtic are at it themselves.

Celtic need to get Forrest out right, there is space to be exploited out there.

For the incident just there where Hooper mistimed his run and fell over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Celtic are doing a fantastic job of "defending from the front" closing down and hassling the Juve defence.
    Got to be careful though, one break and the tie could be over, and the referee certainly isn't favouring the attacker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,316 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Don't let yourselves get conned by the Celtic crowd; you don't get penalties for that sort of thing.

For that sort of thing you mean arms around the player and pushing away from the ball. Can you tell us why not?

Don't let yourselves get conned by the Celtic crowd; you don't get penalties for that sort of thing. The Celtic fans are ridiculously self-righteous, any little nick from Juve players and they're up in arms, Celtic are at it themselves.

Ah come on, Lichtensteiner was ridiculous, penalties have been given for what he's done on pretty much every corner and the last one he was clearly impeding Hooper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Watching 1st game on TV3 and by god are they bad, cant even get players names right

irish-stew wrote: »

Same could be said for Hopper.
    Calm yerself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

For that sort of thing you mean arms around the player and pushing away from the ball. Can you tell us why not?

Nope. I don't make the rules. It happens all the time, it's only because of the Celtic fans screaming about it that you get the impression of explicit injustice.

Ambrose steps over that and it could have gone in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I think the loud crowd can make things more controversial then they actually are. Hooper was leaning against him too and fell because he tried to push Lichtsteiner himself. You'd swear there was a stone wall something the way they boo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,316 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Nope. I don't make the rules.

Are you saying that holding a player to stop him getting the ball is in the rules?

Nope. I don't make the rules. It happens all the time, it's only because of the Celtic fans screaming about it that you get the impression of explicit injustice.

Grabbing someone around the arms so they can't move time after time with the ref looking directly at it doesn't happen all the time. The ref just completely bottled making a big call is what happened.

Great game as a neutral. Celtic need to seriously sharpen up in front of goal and Juventus just need to hold on until Celtic tire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Corholio wrote: »
    I think the loud crowd can make things more controversial then they actually are.

The desperate cries of handball every single f*cking time are getting very tedious.

Great game so far, Celtic very much still in it and I think they can get a goal or two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Italian defending is vertical scrummaging.

Game there for Celtic 2nd half, need a 2nd striker. 1-1 wud give a chance, 0-1 haven't a hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

No they shouldn't. Both players with brainless stuff in the box and rightfully booked
    Celtic had a very good end to the half and squandered a couple of scoring chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm not a fan of either club and I think any reasonable person would agree that Lichsteiner should not be on the pitch now. Don't agree there should have been a penalty though.

Are you saying that holding a player to stop him getting the ball is in the rules?

Hooper is just as guilty as the defender, both pushing and shoving, both all over eachother.
    I thought the ref handled it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

card count of the last 10 matches refed by Alberto Undiano Mallenco

6e92e8b0d789449dc0924aad5c8da1b3.png?1360701117

add 2 more so far to tonight......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

The Juve defender is constantly fouling Hooper going by the rules of the game. The ref has failed to pick up on it.

Don't think I've ever been so happy with Celtic while they're one down. Thought they played very well aside from the horror show. I think Ambrose should be switched, he's obviously not fully fit as it was a very uncharacteristic mistake from him, and he's looked dodgy since the goal also.

Really missing Samaras's ability to hold the ball up, but I think Commons, Wanyama and Brown are doing really well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Eirebear wrote: »
    Hooper is just as guilty as the defender, both pushing and shoving, both all over eachother.
    I thought the ref handled it well.

Of course you would:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement