Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic v Juventus 7.45 TV3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Liam O wrote: »

Grabbing someone around the arms so they can't move time after time with the ref looking directly at it doesn't happen all the time. The ref just completely bottled making a big call is what happened.

No the ref just doesnt put himself in a position where he'll have to give about 15 penalties in the rest of the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Eirebear wrote: »
    Same could be said for Hopper.
    Calm yerself.

I'm quite calm, but the defender was not even looking where the ball was coming from. Obstructing Hopper, arms around him, and continuing to do so after being cautioned. Hopper got his caution for retailiating.

This is coming from someone who is not a Celtic fan, and does not even usally follow Scottish football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

swoody wrote: »
    card count of the last 10 matches refed by Alberto Undiano Mallenco

6e92e8b0d789449dc0924aad5c8da1b3.png?1360701117

add 2 more so far to tonight......
    3, Forrest was booked swell.
    Mon the hoops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,316 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Hooper is just as guilty as the defender, both pushing and shoving, both all over eachother.
    I thought the ref handled it well.

The defender is stopping the attacker going for the ball by blocking with his arms and when the attacker tries to go around, he is pushed then eventually arms around - both as bad as other, yeah right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Great first half. Very entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Lennonist wrote: »
    The Juve defender is constantly fouling Hooper going by the rules of the game. The ref has failed to pick up on it.

I disagree. They're both "fouling" each other. Doubt we'll see a penalty but then again Barcelona got one at the nou camp last season vs Milan for the exact same thing. Zero consistency with referees

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Pretty happy with our performance 1st half apart from the Ambrose mistake, he looks completely out of sorts, wouldn't be surprised to see him subbed at half time.

We need to take a step back from the off the ball stuff in the second half for me and keep the mind on the task of getting a goal back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

No way is Hooper as bad as Liechsteiner, the first corner of the game was a pen all day long. Do you expect Hooper to not push him when hes being hugged so much he can't contribute to the attack? Liechsteiner's the one instigating it all.

Not a Celtic fan either, this is just obvious fouling and poor refereeing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Are you saying that holding a player to stop him getting the ball is in the rules?

Is it in the rules? Possibly. Followed by a stipulation as to it's lawfulness, I would assume. You've managed to latch on to the least significant part of my response.

You asked me if I could tell you why penalties aren't given for such incidents. I told you I couldn't. And I can't. I'm not really interested in whether there is a specific stipulation in any particular rulebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Of course you would:rolleyes:

Oh that's right, only the opinions of Celtic fans count.
    Self righteous as ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Celtic have been really unlucky and unfortunate to be down, but playing Ambrose who is only back from a long flight was madness. Celtic need to push on, as they are as good as out if they don't get a win tonight, no way in hell are they winning in Turin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Celtic have pressed very well and high up the pitch hopefully they can play with the same energy in the 2nd half.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Self righteous as ever.

Give it up ffs. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭McGrath5

"Lazy defending", according to Roy on itv.

Whatever it was, a penalty was richly deserved IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Self righteous as ever.

We know that your opinion is tainted, whatever about anyone elses. Jog on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

PauloMN wrote: »

What we are not allowed opinions now get a grip ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

"Lazy defending", according to Roy on itv.

Whatever it was, a penalty was richly deserved IMO.
    They played a slowmo there and as the ball is coming in hooper has eyes on the ball whilst the defender has his arms wrapped around him and his back to the ball, blatant obstruction

Eirebear and Broxi_Bear_Eire :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

That ladbrokes advert on ITV was good :p

There definitely should have been at least one pen, the cross that came in from the right the defender had his arm wrapped around Hooper's arm as he tried to attack the ball. He'll surely get spotted by the ref sooner or later if he keeps it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

This "they were both at it" attitude is completely silly, the one where the ball went over them and Hooper tried to turn in the opposite direction but couldn't because Lichtsteiner's arms were around him is as clear a penalty as you are likely to see. Juve got away as lightly as you can and the double booking was ridiculous, the fact Lichtsteiner did the above incident right after being booked was brainless and he should have walked and Celtic should have gotten a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,581 ✭✭✭✭CSF

swoody wrote: »
    card count of the last 10 matches refed by Alberto Undiano Mallenco

6e92e8b0d789449dc0924aad5c8da1b3.png?1360701117

add 2 more so far to tonight......
    Compulsory yellows for handball in Spain has to be taken into account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Penalties are not given for that sort of thing, there is no point getting upset about it. The referee booked them both, which was the right decision imo. Hopefully they'll both stop.

Eirebear and Broxi_Bear_Eire :pac:

Yes can I help you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

From my perspective Lichtsteiner is the bigger offender here. If Hooper can keep calm he will get something from the Juventus player in the second half. Impressed with the way Celtic have played the Italians. They do need to sharpen up in front of goal though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

You could look at replays of 50 different corner kicks from completely different games and I bet in at least 35 of them there would be obstruction. You rarely get penalties for it even though it's illegal.

**** off Paul, I come in, give a reasoned opinion - after complimenting how well Celtic are playing - and I'm treated to self righteous bull**** because I happen to disagree with the hysterical cries for red cards and penalties.

Aye, i'll give it up, because theirs no point talking to you lot.
    Same as always.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Penalties are not given for that sort of thing, there is no point getting upset about it. The referee booked them both, which was the right decision imo. Hopefully they'll both stop.

Hopefully they both keep doing it and both see red!

I love a bit of controversy :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

What we are not allowed opinions now get a grip ;)

The very same people who always moan about the The The Rangers thread being trolled. Get a grip yerself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

So...Hooper trying to obstruct Buffon is totally fair then?

**** off Paul, I come in, give a reasoned opinion - after complimenting how well Celtic are playing - and I'm treated to self righteous bull**** because I happen to disagree with the hysterical cries for red cards and penalties.

Same as always.

Reasoned opinion:D jog on will ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

If Juventus actually try play they will score 1 or 2 more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭Certified

Will be interesting to see what Conte decides to do in the second half. Juve have played ok but making life difficult for themselves and might even be fortunate not to have let in an equaliser. I hope he shifts them up a gear and kill this tie. Vidal & Marchisio let's show them what your made of!!

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    You could look at replays of 50 different corner kicks from completely different games and I bet in at least 35 of them there would be obstruction. You rarely get penalties for it even though it's illegal.
    The fact it was so blatant directly after he'd just been booked was ridiculous and there should have been a penalty. They are rarely given but they are rarely so blatant.

Anyway Celtic have played quite well since the disastrous start. Still in the tie, just. C'mon Celtic for the 2nd half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Reasoned opinion:D jog on will ya.

He's talking the most sense out of anyone here, people calling for penos are really clutching at straws.

C'MON THE HOOPS, I can sniff a Celtic goal. Juve have been surprisingly poor. Keep it tight at the back and we'll come away with enough to keep the tie alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Same as always.

Reasoned opinion? Yeah, cool.

The very same people who always moan about the The The Rangers thread being trolled. Get a grip yerself.

Who is trolling come on point them out Paul I have given opinions in fact all mine were before the game. This is not exclusively a Celtic thread so opinions are allowed as long as they are reasonable not seen anything outrageous but its nice to see you picked up on what EB said when others said similar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    If Juventus actually try play they will score 1 or 2 more.

But they aren't are they?

Cmon Celtic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Same as always.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    He's talking the most sense out of anyone here, people calling for penos are really clutching at straws.

There was at least one clear pen, sometimes you get them sometimes you don't, no-one is clutching at straws. Might get one in the 2nd half if the Juve defender continues in that vein.

****ing hilarious.

No composure again in the box from Commons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Celtic better team so far, but no threat at all. Need a 2nd striker, by 60th min.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Referee is atrocious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

This ref is useless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Hate the way that Italian coaches just get so negative in two leg European ties.

Yep, finishing needs to be better, but what's really surprised me is how easy we're getting the ball from Juve in midfield. Just need to get someone on the end of a decent cross or pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

There is another goal in this.

Celtic not out of it, but they so badly need to get next one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement