Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaving council house for RAS

• 11-02-2013 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi, I have a friend has split up with her partner. She has 3 kids 18, 16 and 8 and a joint council house with her ex partner. She receives half carer's allowance (for her youngest) and has applied for lone parent.

Can she move out of the council house and get on rent allowance in another house (she wants to eventually get on the RAS)? Her ex won't sign over the house, and she doesn't really want it anyway as it's a four bed and she really only needs enough room for her and her 8 and 16 year old. She would like to hand the house back and get a smaller one. Is this possible?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

A friend of mine is in a similar (ish) situation. She wants to leave her partner. He wants to keep the house. She doesn't mind moving out but the council said they wouldn't give her rent allowance again because she will be making herself 'voluntarily homeless'. If she had a job it wouldn't be a problem because she wouldn't need rent allowance but as it is, she can't afford the rent on her own.

My only suggestion is to talk to the council about the house and talk to the CWO about rent allowance after leaving a council house. Sorry I can't really help.

Advertisement