Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairing a fleece cooler?

Options
  • 11-02-2013 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭

Bought my mare a lovely cooler and stupidly left it in my tack box the last week while I was away and took it out today to find a mouse has eaten massive holes in it all along the spine! :(

I don't know if I should just stitch it up - it will look funny because I'll be pulling it together to cover up the holes or can you get fleece patches to repair it? It's the Newmarket style one so would need yellow/gold patches.

Ah I'm so annoyed about it, she'd only worn it about half a dozen times :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭helibelly

same happened to me, I just sowed a patch from an old sports sweatshirt I was throwing out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Hmm, good idea! Maybe I can get a cheapy yellow fleece jumper in Penneys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Ugh had the exact same happen to me over Christmas last year, mice ate through TWO fleece coolers and load of exercise bandages, and then to add insult to injury regurgitated the whole lot up to make a lovely vomity nest... They were just cheap lidl ones so i just chucked them, but you could defo buy fleece and just stitch it to the underside? or even fabric glue so the stitching isnt so noticeable!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Ugh had the exact same happen to me over Christmas last year, mice ate through TWO fleece coolers and load of exercise bandages, and then to add insult to injury regurgitated the whole lot up to make a lovely vomity nest... They were just cheap lidl ones so i just chucked them, but you could defo buy fleece and just stitch it to the underside? or even fabric glue so the stitching isnt so noticeable!

:eek: That's awful! I have two new sets of exercise bandages in my tack box I got for Christmas, they will be coming home with me so. I had even stored the fleece in a thick plastic cover and the little bugger chewed through that too :mad: I have those Lidl coolers too but they're a bit short for her :o

I'm going to have a search on eBay for yellow fleece patches!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Veering slightly off topic but just thinking about the various run ins ive had with mice... had a face off with one in my oats bin last week, with him doing "wheel of death" style round the inside and me making unsuccessful grabs for him with the scoop... took me 15 minutes of failing to cop on to the idea of just taking the bin OUT of the horsebox and turning it out onto its side.. I think i may need a brain NCT at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Go down to Andrew in Colemans in Sandyford, he has lots of stuff he recommends to people to do self repairs to rugs that are generally used to repair tents!

Advertisement