Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs loose on the hills

Options
  • 11-02-2013 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

Today I went up part of the Wicklow Way going North to Marley park, at about halfway between 3 Rock and Ballybrack Road (I think it is Tibradden Forest), 2 giant dogs went crazy barking at the top of one of the ledges looking down at the track. They were as big as a small horse, I couldn't even tell you what breed they were. They were not on leads and I could see no owner beside them (though they could have been further back but they made no effort to stop them). The ledge they were on was only about an 8 foot drop they easily could have slid down and there was no way even a guy my size could have made a dent in them unarmed. I have no fear of dogs and usually get on well with them, but I could imagine a child or someone with a fear being traumatised. I passed loads of dogs off their leash, all very friendly and even seen a few thoughtful owners putting the lead on as I came into view. Has anyone seen or heard anything like this on their travels? Is that private land off the trail there?

Advertisement