Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

knitter

Options
  • 11-02-2013 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

I'm looking for someone who would give a 2 hour knitting class, just a one off... it'd be for new knitters or knitters who need a refresher.... any ideas ???:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

bnear wrote: »
    I'm looking for someone who would give a 2 hour knitting class, just a one off... it'd be for new knitters or knitters who need a refresher.... any ideas ???:)

How about the lady on Dundalk market square , she knits everything from baby ware to hats and scarves . Just go to her stall on Fridays and ask her.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭bnear

I'm never in town on Friday so did'nt know about her, thanks I'll try to get in this week..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

New knitters would get very little from one 2 hour session! Why only one session?

Its just an introduction so people can see if they'd be interested in knitting, although I'm finding it very hard to find a teacher so it might not even happen. I would organise further classes if the interest was there but until I find a teacher its all up in the air...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

bnear wrote: »
    Its just an introduction so people can see if they'd be interested in knitting, although I'm finding it very hard to find a teacher so it might not even happen. I would organise further classes if the interest was there but until I find a teacher its all up in the air...
    OK - just wondering. I was talking to someone who taught knitting and she couldn't see the point of a single session. She's not interested by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

On a positive note , the lady on Dundalk Market Square would welcome a meeting to discuss your proposals . Weather depending, you'll find her there.

Thought I'd get into town on Firday to see that lady but it did'nt happen, will get in this week. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Isn't there a stitch and bitch on in the spirit store midweek? Used to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭pinky 06

shindig-jp wrote: »
    How about the lady on Dundalk market square , she knits everything from baby ware to hats and scarves . Just go to her stall on Fridays and ask her.

Hi, I usually work beside Bernadette on Fridays at the square and she crochets everything, she said she wouldn't know too much about knitting, but she will be starting crochet classes soon.

Thanks for that Pinky, I'll be in town on Friday anyway so I'll stop by to see her, she may know someone who'd be interested. I'm surprised how difficult it is to find someone....

• Advertisement
Advertisement