Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italian registered package - missing

Options
  • 11-02-2013 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am awaiting a package which was sent a week ago (Monday) by registered post to my office in Dublin.
    The tracking in italy said it had left Milan last Tueday, however there is no sign of the package in Ireland yet. I rang the post office and they say it hasn't arrived in their system yet.
    Does anyone know if customs could have it? It's wedding invitations which I had intended on sending them this week...:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

There is a good chance this parcel is still in Italy. From experience their postal "service" is very unreliable. I deliver parcels some of which originate in Italy and sometimes they are here in 3/4 working days and other times it can take up to 2 weeks. However if you have a tracking number you might be able to see where your parcel is on Italian post office website. Im not sure if you can track it with Italian number on www.anpost.ie

Customs dont stop many if any parcels posted within the E.U. If this parcel was mis-sorted in Milan it could be anywhere. Hope you get it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Post from Italy is notoriously hit and miss for delivery times. It's the reason you will often see Italy as one of the countries people will not send to on e-bay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

Had an ebay package coming to me from Malta. Malta Post tracker said it had gone and listed the AerLingus flight it went on. For two weeks no update then suddenly it arrives in PortLaoise and I get it the next day. No idea where it went during the two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Yeah, sometimes I think that Airlines wait until they have enough packages to fill a cargo box in order to minimize/maximize cost/profit, without advising anyone of the delay.

Not pointing this at any airline/courier/country, just something I think happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭leandrolorenzi

Here is the tracking option for registered parcel wth Poste Italiane http://www.poste.it/online/dovequando/home.do You can also put the website in english but some features are not so easy to find

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 bmklen

Thanks everyone- Italian post has told us it lost our package and it could take 2-40days to find it....
    Would it be really terrible to send invitations out the week before your wedding?

Advertisement