Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medicine Prices Spain

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

MBSnr wrote: »
    So I'm drawing my rip off comparisons mostly from our nearest trading partner, where I see a large proportion of the items for sale here being cheaper in the UK.

France is only a 1 hour crossing.

The UK is a pretty heavy trading partner with the Netherlands also with the majority of shipping coming through Rotterdam.

2 months ago I got a quote for a PVC Front door(inc frame), the cheapest I could find was 2250 euros inc fitting (quotes ranged from 4200 - 2250).

I priced the same door manufactured by the same company but through the UK and it was 1200 pounds fitted.

Another example is a friend living in Delft that wanted a six ring gas cooker, massive thing with 2 ovens in it. she saved herself 380 euros by driving over to the UK and picking it up directly and then bringing it back, that was factoring in Fuel and the Ferry.

Same for other stuff, the majority of 'bargains' on Amazon are on the .co.uk site and the .de/.fr sites are usually much more expensive.

There is usually a big discrepancy between the UK Sterling and the Euro anyway, thats been known about for a very long time.

Second hand cars can also be picked up for peanuts in the UK, whereas you're paying 3 or 4 times the cost for the same thing in Germany and the Netherlands.

Advertisement