Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free parking near the square, tallaght?

Options
  • 11-02-2013 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any Dublin locals could tell me if there's anywhere within a short walk of the Square that I could park for free?

I've taken up a new job in The Square, but parking at the Square itself is like 20 euro a day or something outlandish like that, which is obviously more than I could afford!

Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 957 ✭✭✭leeomurchu

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any Dublin locals could tell me if there's anywhere within a short walk of the Square that I could park for free?

I've taken up a new job in The Square, but parking at the Square itself is like 20 euro a day or something outlandish like that, which is obviously more than I could afford!

Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Not sure how it would suit but I regularly see lads parking on the footpath across from the luas stop just up from Marks & Sparks. If you know where I'm talking about. In front of a few empty houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Park in Aldi in Tallaght village and its a 5-10 minute walk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Park in Aldi in Tallaght village and its a 5-10 minute walk

Can you park there all day or just for like 2 hours or less?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

There is a staff car-park on the very top level of the square.
    My sister-in-law used to park in it when she worked in Vision Express.
    It's accessed from the far end of level 3, and is controlled by a barrier on the ramp.
    Have a look here....http://centres.citizensinformation.ie/centre.php?cic=Tallaght+CIC select the satellite view, and zoom in on the glass dome of the centre.
    Maybe ask your employer about it.
    Hope this helps.

• Site Banned Posts: 957 ✭✭✭leeomurchu

Can you park there all day or just for like 2 hours or less?

Aldi is usually only 2hours and NCPS patrol. They're ruthless when it comes to clamping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

There is no aldi in Tallaght village. The closest Aldi to the Square is beside the hospital and it is 1 minute walk from Square. I have never paid for parking there as the barriers are always up. Having said that I have never tried to park there all day but it might be worth a snoop.

I know you may have already given this consideration but The square is very well served by public transport. Could you not just get the bus or luas? Maybe your employer provides discounted parking in the Square?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

As said before there is a staff car park on the roof. Also most shops can take the charge off the parking tickets, can you not do it yourself?

ian_m wrote: »
    There is no aldi in Tallaght village. The closest Aldi to the Square is beside the hospital and it is 1 minute walk from Square. I have never paid for parking there as the barriers are always up. Having said that I have never tried to park there all day but it might be worth a snoop.

I know you may have already given this consideration but The square is very well served by public transport. Could you not just get the bus or luas? Maybe your employer provides discounted parking in the Square?

Public transport would be ideal and that's my plan long-term, however for the first few weeks in Dublin I'm going to be staying with a friend in Blanchardstown. The 76a travels three times a day along this route - nightmare! So for now, driving is my only option.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Luas park & ride at Red Cow and a few stops on the LUAS. Max day tariff €4.

http://www.luas.ie/red-cow-car-park.html

One more spot on the east side of the centre you might be able to get a spot. There are bollards there but people park in between them.

http://goo.gl/maps/gwyu4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

ian_m wrote: »
    There is no aldi in Tallaght village.

I meant the Lidl. Always mix them up.

I meant the Lidl. Always mix them up.

There is actually free parking at lidl in the village but its a 10 minute walk to the square.

Thank you so much for all your help so far guys, it's great

Advertisement