Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Credit Card affecting Credit Rating and Bounced Direct Debit

Options
  • 11-02-2013 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

I pay off my BOI Student Credit Card in full each month. Will this affect my credit rating at all? I am trying to build a credit rating but not sure if the payments will improve my rating.

Also, in November a Direct Debit for my car insurance bounced even though I had money in my account. What happened was I  lodged loads of checks from Ireland, UK & US. I was told I could use the money immediately and did so. After the direct debit failed they told me Irish Cheques didn't clear instantly and I was told a manager would contact me and refund the fee but I haven't heard anything back. Will the bounced DD affect my chances of getting loans with BOI in the future?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Vuzuggu,

Thanks for your question. Regrettably, we wouldn't be able to advise you as to how your credit rating would be affected by either of the circumstances that you mentioned. You can find more information on how credit ratings work on the Irish Credit Bureau's website and may be able to find more information on what can affect credit ratings on their 'Your Credit Rating' page which can be found here.

Apologies if you didn't receive the call-back from the branch that you were expecting. If you would like us to follow up on it, please send us a PM with your name, contact number and the name of your branch. We can forward your details to the branch and request that they get in touch with you.

Thanks
    Pat

Advertisement