Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any place to burn blu-rays in Dublin?

Options
  • 11-02-2013 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi. Are there any places in Dublin that offer a blu-ray burning facility? I was in at Filmbase but got some puzzled expressions. I have a 15gb video file I want to burn to a disc. Presume I'll end up buying an external burner but I'm a little strapped for cash at the moment. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Can you just use a large USB pen drive? They're around about a tenner nowadays.

Failing that could you split the file into 4 using something like winrar and just burn it to four normal dics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Careless with Matches

I specifically need a good quality blu-ray cos' its a film I'll probably be submitting to festivals, giving to people to people to view and I want to able to control the quality of viewing. It's for presentation.

Is the film encoded and authored correctly for Bluray?

You can't simply burn a file to a Bluray disc and expect it to play in every player, it needs to be encoded and authored properly and needs to include AACS (which requires a licence agreement). Its something that a professional authoring/replication company can do, but its not going to be cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Careless with Matches

I have the original footage and can render it out to whatever format I need. Currently I have it as an Mpeg 2 and have been authoring that to a DVD structure and burning it to dual layer DVD when and if I've needed a DVD.

Advertisement