Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 nations venue

Options
  • 11-02-2013 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Ok watched the first 2 games in Cavanagh's which was solid,but im thinking of possibly changing venue for the next game at least,I'm just wondering which would be a good bar for atmosphere,I'm thing Bob Fox's might be good givin the obvious connection?

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

What connection is there with bob Fox's? Also places I go are riordans and sober lane. It depends on your age group

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Sober lane is very good for a game. Great atmosphere especially yesterday with flip a coin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

calnand wrote: »
    What connection is there with bob Fox's? Also places I go are riordans and sober lane. It depends on your age group

Ronan O'Gara owns or part owns the place.

Ols Oak is a good spot for 6n, the smaller places can be a nightmare to get served, go to the jax etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

murphym7 wrote: »

Old Oak is a good spot for 6n, the smaller places can be a nightmare to get served, go to the jax etc.....

Old Oak can get very choked for matches, just the layout of the place or if you're near the stage and in the way of people heading to the bar or jacks

Don't think they do it for the rugby, but upstairs in the pav was fantasic for the Ireland v Croatia back in the summer

Pity the best part of that night was when they played 'Put em under Pressure Jack' before the teams came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭JessePinkman

calnand wrote: »

Ya Rog & Mick O Driscoll own the pub so i was thinking there,Love going to Sober Lane but i dunno would i like to watch a match there,Has anyone tried the Courthouse Tavern?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Upstairs in the Pav was awful for the Euro's! 20% of the people were there too watch the match the other 80% were idiots

Advertisement