Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 MONTH BAN for asking a simple question !!

Options
  • 11-02-2013 8:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 407 ✭✭

dr bollocko has banned me for three months for asking a simple question ! No bad language, no insults just a simple question Quote"I dont think the welfare system is too good in Russia ? Just curious.". Unquote. Other posters then vented their disapproval at this and put it to him that he did not agree with my opinions and that was why he banned me his attitude was less than helpful to the other posters and he/she deleted their posts (evidence).
    I think if the mods were to check who complained you would find it is a poster who has made his yearly (donation). Is this now a way to try to get all of the posters on boards to make a (donation) ? Its a good tactic I think as dr bollocko (I think his name speaks for itself) blatantly victimised me do I HAVE to make a (donation) to get treated fairly ? I asked dr bollocko for a resolution not to waste other Moderators personal time but he/she bluntly refused.
    Thank you

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I think if the mods were to check who complained you would find it is a poster who has made his yearly (donation). Is this now a way to try to get all of the posters on boards to make a (donation) ? Its a good tactic I think as dr bollocko (I think his name speaks for itself) blatantly victimised me do I HAVE to make a (donation) to get treated fairly ?
    Let's just nip this idea in the bud pronto: there's no preferential treatment for subscribers. None; zip; nada. A number of subscribers have been permanently sitebanned when their behaviour warranted it. Let's not go down that rabbit hole.

A category moderator will be with you presently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 407 ✭✭Noel Kinsella

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Let's just nip this idea in the bud pronto: there's no preferential treatment for subscribers. None; zip; nada. A number of subscribers have been permanently sitebanned when their behaviour warranted it. Let's not go down that rabbit hole.

A category moderator will be with you presently.

Ok thank you I am just trying to get to the bottom of what is going on with dr bollocko why the complete over reaction what is his/her motivation ??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi Noel,

One of the Rec CMods will look into this and get back to you soon. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi Noel,

Firstly, it's my understanding that you were previously banned from AH by Super-Rush and told that if you made racist comments again, you would be perma-banned from AH.

With that in mind, the post that you have been banned from by dr.bollocko is something that I would consider to be a racist comment. In response to a post which you quoted which spoke about how the person noticed there were no black people in a nightclub in Russia, you asked if the welfare was good in Russia. Just because a racist comment is in the form of a question, doesn't mean it's not a racist comment. You were implying that the reason there were no black people there was because the welfare system there is poor, trying to draw a link between the two.

Not only am I recommending your After Hours ban stays, I'm going to increase it to a permaban after you've had a chance to appeal it to the admin. Based on your infraction and ban history, it's clear that you will only continue to make trouble for the moderators.

You may appeal this decision to the admins who will take a look over the situation for you if you wish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 407 ✭✭Noel Kinsella

Penn wrote: »
    Hi Noel,

Firstly, it's my understanding that you were previously banned from AH by Super-Rush and told that if you made racist comments again, you would be perma-banned from AH.

With that in mind, the post that you have been banned from by dr.bollocko is something that I would consider to be a racist comment. In response to a post which you quoted which spoke about how the person noticed there were no black people in a nightclub in Russia, you asked if the welfare was good in Russia. Just because a racist comment is in the form of a question, doesn't mean it's not a racist comment. You were implying that the reason there were no black people there was because the welfare system there is poor, trying to draw a link between the two.

Not only am I recommending your After Hours ban stays, I'm going to increase it to a permaban after you've had a chance to appeal it to the admin. Based on your infraction and ban history, it's clear that you will only continue to make trouble for the moderators.

You may appeal this decision to the admins who will take a look over the situation for you if you wish.

I will be appealing your decision the fact that you "consider" it to be a racist comment does not "make" it a racist comment everything is subjective and in this case you are wrong.
    Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

In this case, they're not. Ban upheld.

Considering many of your other posts since you joined the site, I'm not sure the comment could be any more clearly signposted as being racially motivated. I'd seriously suggest reviewing your posting style if you wish to remain here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement