Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons to be positive in Waterford?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

dzilla wrote: »
    O Riain wrote: »
    Max Powers wrote: »
    Went to see marc O'Reilly in st Patrick's gateway centre Saturday night....WHAT A PLACE/GIG.amazing musician and the place had a real 'other voices'feel about it, fair play to organisers, amazing venue for a bit of live music.Katie Kim was there to, they both have albums out which should be on everyone's list and great to know we have this amazing talent and venue here in Waterford.long may it continue.
    Gig was advertised in local papers, I doubt it was advertised much on line or elsewhere but goes to show  if you keep your eyes and ears open, every now and again you see something amazing here in our city.
    I hope it was well supported?
    Did you go yourself?
    Is there a schedule of gigs up somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭iseegirls

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

iseegirls wrote: »

I doubt I have ever read anything so positive about any event!

Congrats to the Winterval organisers that they could manage to elicit this kind of reaction from a visitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Deiseen

I doubt I have ever read anything so positive about any event!

Congrats to the Winterval organisers that they could manage to elicit this kind of reaction from a visitor.
    I know, I've never read a review as good as that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Wonderful...fair play all involved.great post

• Advertisement

Propeller Palms got great review in current hot press too for their theatre royal gig.album is good, see Leonard Cohen hot press for write up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

O Riain wrote: »
    Is there a schedule of gigs up somewhere?

Was advertised on the local papers, and as you say yourself, if you keep yours eyes and ears open...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

The mansion house reopens 6 o clock this Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

There's a new wine bar after opening smack bang in the middle of all the Winterval stalls. Opposite the place that blows the glass, sells jewellery etc. Besides the John Roberts Prod church.
    Hot dog, glass o wine. Light show, glass o wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Congratulations to Louise Richardson of Tramore who is the first Vice Chancellor of Oxford University (okay she took up the role in January but she's on the radio right now which is why this post is now here! :p).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louise_Richardson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,261 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Congratulations to Louise Richardson of Tramore who is the first Vice Chancellor of Oxford University (okay she took up the role in January but she's on the radio right now which is why this post is now here! ).

What radio station?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Newstalk at about 9.45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

Waterford looked great last night on Along Home Shores with Bobby Kerr on UTV. Lismore Castle, The Blackwater, Deise Greenway.

On UTV player

http://player.utv.ie/programme/along-home-shores/494059

Out in the Grow HQ cafe on Saturday. Really nice place, seasonal food and great menu. Also a little shop there too. Hope it does well.

Was in Heery's on Friday - also a really nice place. Amazing what they can do with what used to be an entrance into a nightclub. Great food and friendly staff.

Great to see these new places opening up.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

longshanks wrote: »
    There's a new wine bar after opening smack bang in the middle of all the Winterval stalls. Opposite the place that blows the glass, sells jewellery etc. Besides the John Roberts Prod church.

I sampled the wine from there on Saturday along with the customary hot dog and crepe beside it! Both food and wine were spectacular and add to that the real Xmas buzz with the lighting show in Cathedral square we really have a wonderful city at the moment to be proud of. The crowds for Winterval are amazing and it's great to see local businesses and local traders gaining from the spin offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

cul beag wrote: »
    longshanks wrote: »

I sampled the wine from there on Saturday along with the customary hot dog and crepe beside it! Both food and wine were spectacular and add to that the real Xmas buzz with the lighting show in Cathedral square we really have a wonderful city at the moment to be proud of. The crowds for Winterval are amazing and it's great to see local businesses and local traders gaining from the spin offs.
    Are they doing Gluhwine (Mulled Wine) like the German xmas markets? Is it a temporary bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Was in Heery's on Friday

Where's that?

fricatus wrote: »
    Where's that?

New restaurant/late night bar in between Shortts and Geoffs

Fantastic to see Muldoons whiskey and thin gin take over 33 the mall.article in local paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

I know there was a thread on the Ard Ri site being sold already but only read the details at the weekend. Apparently, the rumour is that the new owners, if there are no issues with the sale, plan to turn it into a five star hotel. If this works out it would be another fantastic boost for the city. And build on the great progress the city centre has made in recent years. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭goochy

any work on Wetherspoons beginning ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭JMT2016

Best broadband speeds in the country.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/1115/831746-broadband-survey/

Outside of Dublin, Waterford has the best broadband speeds going - see map here

This is great not only for homes but also for businesses in waterford, especially for all the technology firms in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Reasons to be positive? I was down there a few months back and genuinely thought the cebtre was buzzing. Loads of new shops and businesses opening. Place was busy too and looking very clean and nice.
    Also drove by some large construction by the Ind estate and WIT. I can see from this forum this is a tendency to run down and compare what's going on elsewhere. Waterford has picked up a damn sight, dare I say looked to be booming. I know there's some towns up the midlands would kill for some of what you've going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Notice Ben Dunne Gyms are coming to Waterford in Spring 2017, anyone know where as when I was a member in Dublin they are usually very big gyms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Notice Ben Dunne Gyms are coming to Waterford in Spring 2017, anyone know where as when I was a member in Dublin they are usually very big gyms.

lacken road business park I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

There is a sign up over one of the units in the Lacken Wood business park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

This is a thread about positive things!,stop trying to bring people down to your level.

And that link you posted is already being discussed in the election thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

This is a thread about positive things!,stop trying to bring people down to your level.

And that link you posted is already being discussed in the election thread.

I am being positive, the prospect of JH walking....again! :)

• Advertisement

I am being positive, the prospect of JH walking....again! :)

Real positive yeah, as other poster says, spreading your negativity.
    In good news, urban renewal works starting in lady lane soon, notice in paper.

Advertisement