Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons to be positive in Waterford?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JourneyMan8

can we all start leaving positive reviews for new businesses/places opening, to try and fight against the idiots that give places a 1* review as soon as they have 1 bad day in there :/ please and thanks.

can we all start leaving positive reviews for new businesses/places opening, to try and fight against the idiots that give places a 1* review as soon as they have 1 bad day in there :/ please and thanks.

If someone has a negative experience of a place then they leave a negative review? If many more people have a positive experience then that will far out weigh the one person who had a bad experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

What are you saying? That people who have a bad experience of a business or a staff member in a business should just realize that they are an "idiot" and the business is above criticism? What a stupid thing to suggest. There is a very good reason that these sites exist-for a complete and balanced, honest representation of customer experience. And not an ego trip for thin-skinned business owners who cant take any constructive criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Good idea, unfortunately, when you have a good experience, people tend not to bother reviewing.what web site exactly?

Good news, notice in paper about closing of water side for construction of vehicle and pedestrian bridge.although road closed, bit of pain, great to see gas works moving

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Good to see Waterford the cleanest city in Ireland,and a mention for Ballybeg in 20th :)

C1UofU-WEAEHQo9.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I see in the News & Star that the Waterford Hospice is finally about to start construction. Apparently the contractor is due onsite after Easter. Can't come a moment too soon - well done to all involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Waterboy2014

I see there is machinery on site in St Patricks on Johns Hill. Is this the new old folks hospital?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Is that the site above John's Park? A few big cranes there

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Waterboy2014

Is that the site above John's Park? A few big cranes there

No thats the nw primary care centre that is being built on the grounds of St. Otterans. Im thinking about St. Patricks Hospital - its closer to town. No cranes on site yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Is there something going across the toad from Buttlerstown retail park. Could be just drainage but not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭rekdtangle

It's either water treatment of a water lagoon (could be both) for the new Eirgen plant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Nice to see the former Old Stand building in good shape, big windows and nice brickwork since the hoarding came down over the past few days. Hopefully a decent shop will go in there soon.

iseegirls wrote: »
    Nice to see the former Old Stand building in good shape, big windows and nice brickwork since the hoarding came down over the past few days. Hopefully a decent shop will go in there soon.

Tony Roche from Georges court moving in there.

The Old Stand used to be my haunt back in the mid 80s for it's sheer convenience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

The Old Stand used to be my haunt back in the mid 80s for it's sheer convenience.

Used to go in there in the 80s myself for a few pints. Great pub in its day. Good move for Tony Roches. Can see them doing well there.

The weather! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

The weather! :)

No Harry, unfortunately it makes it all too visible what needs to be changed and how little has been done throughout the decades for this City!

It's a sad reflection on the City Council and elected representatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

No Harry, unfortunately it makes it all too visible what needs to be changed and how little has been done throughout the decades for this City!

Your some man to ****ing whinge! You'd give a panadol a headache.

Consistently pushing the pathetic barrier there.

• Advertisement

I'm genuinely sorry that ye feel that way but unfortunately it's the way our city sits in my eyes at the very least. It is nothing more then a hovel!

A worn out animal that those in charge of didn't have enough compassion to put out of it's misery!

Have a look at for example The Glen! Houses sitting empty for a least a decade and nothing even attempted to improve the look of the area and that is a main artery for vehicles both entering and leaving the city!

And again I'm not suggesting you build any old house but something with a sense of style or panache to it, not something that in 10/20 years will need to be addressed again!

I'm afraid first impressions last and that is not a good one!

I'm genuinely sorry that ye feel that way but unfortunately it's the way our city sits in my eyes at the very least. It is nothing more then a hovel!

A worn out animal that those in charge of didn't have enough compassion to put out of it's misery!

Have a look at for example The Glen! Houses sitting empty for a least a decade and nothing even attempted to improve the look of the area and that is a main artery for vehicles both entering and leaving the city!

And again I'm not suggesting you build any old house but something with a sense of style or panache to it, not something that in 10/20 years will need to be addressed again!

Back to your depressing room now and stop spreading your misery that you're on here constantly peddling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Seeing as this is a thread regarding positive things regarding Waterford, probably best to keep negativity away.

Huge positives for me I can see everytime I walk around the City. I use the new walk from SuperValu roundabout to Poleberry and looking at the big new extension to the back of Morris's on the way. Continuing the walk onto the park, passing by more developments of the construction of the new Waterside car park, and the expansion of the courthouse. The park was looking great today, freshly cut grass, kids and parents loving the playground which is a LOT better than what I was used to 30 or so years ago. The Park Cafe busy inside and out.
    Walk up to the city - pass by local shops and cafes like Gallweys, where a nice new road layout and footpath expansion allows seats and tables for customers to use and soak up the sun. See tourists hop into the viking boat beside The Reg, and poke their head through those characters. Blackfriars Cafe, Larder, Berfranks all busy, along with construction in City Square and Apple Market - it may look ugly now, but will be worth it for the city in the coming months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Exactly and the brain behind those eyes need help if you truly believe what you wrote.

BBM77 wrote: »
    Exactly and the brain behind those eyes need help if you truly believe what you wrote.

I don't know? Maybe it's just me missing something? Can someone point out some of the more scenic residential areas of the immediate City please?
    Alexander Street? Francis Street maybe? Wellington Street, now there's a gem!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Dublin, Cork, limerick and Galway are works of art?? Name me one urban area in Ireland that doesn't suffer from the same issues you mention about waterford. As capital cities go I would think Dublin rates poorly and would give a fairly poor first impression to the 'millions' of tourists that land there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Dublin, Cork, limerick and Galway are works of art?? Name me one urban area in Ireland that doesn't suffer from the same issues you mention about waterford. As capital cities go i wit of think Dublin rates poorly and would give a fairly poor first impression to the 'millions' of tourists that it is their first port of entry

Just because everywhere else is a bit crap....is no excuse for watercord to be
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Just because everywhere else is a bit crap....is no excuse for watercord to be
    :confused:

Agreed. But waterford people shouldn't be 'beating themselves' up too much and forever pointing out the negatives.....for example this thread is a supposed to be about positives but the negative people out there just can't help themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Agreed. But waterford people shouldn't be 'beating themselves' up too much and forever pointing out the negatives.....for example this thread is a supposed to be about positives but the negative people out there just can't help themselves

Sure look....no matter how bad things get....at least were not kk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

I don't know? Maybe it's just me missing something? Can someone point out some of the more scenic residential areas of the immediate City please?
    Alexander Street? Francis Street maybe? Wellington Street, now there's a gem!

Grace Dieu Road, Newtown area, Adelphi Quay, Summer Hill, Oak Mews, Rockfield Park are all nice.
    Dublin, Cork, limerick and Galway are works of art?? Name me one urban area in Ireland that doesn't suffer from the same issues you mention about waterford. As capital cities go I would think Dublin rates poorly and would give a fairly poor first impression to the 'millions' of tourists that land there!

Absolutely, Dublin is the only city I have been in where I got a smell of piss on the streets and seen people shooting up heroin openly on the streets and that was in the so called nice side of Dublin.

Advertisement