Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons to be positive in Waterford?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Deiseen wrote: »
    Not from what I can see, where are you looking at this?

WLR said best scenic drive 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Max Powers wrote: »
    Not from what I can see, where are you looking at this?

Just found it, it's expedia, not tripadvisor.

Also, doesnt seem like it got number 1. To me it seems like theres no particular order:
    http://blog.expedia.ie/blog/2017/05/03/10-great-irish-road-trips/

Also, doesnt seem like it got number 1. To me it seems like theres no particular order:

Jeez deiseen, you're hard to impress, says top 10 on first site I saw (lovin.ie)and copper coast is number 1, good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Jeez deiseen, you're hard to impress, says top 10 on first site I saw (lovin.ie)and copper coast is number 1, good enough for me.
    ok ok, ill accept it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Was in city square during the week and saw the new JD Sports unit was finished. Considering that a major problem Waterford has is the lack of suitably sized retail units to attract the big-name shops. It struck me that finally this is starting to change. The new JD Sports unit is fantastic and looks like a unit in the Dundrum Centre. Great to see the changes that are needed are becoming a reality and not just a plan you read about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

What would they know to be honest!

Who in there would know ANYTHING about ANYTHING!

What would they know to be honest!

Who in there would know ANYTHING about ANYTHING!

Eeee zzzz quiet fella, stay off the sauce if you're posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Apologies Max! ;)

Great to see new Viking attraction open up in Bailey's new street..more on wlr site.our tourism offering continues to grow and we compare very favourable if not clear ahead of many of our competitors on this island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ardkeen Stores is the best place to buy a national lottery ticket as measured by amount won!

?width=630&version=3425683

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭Sosurface

Ardkeen Stores is the best place to buy a national lottery ticket as measured by amount won!

?width=630&version=3425683
    And the f*ckers dont even need it. ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

[IMG]h ttp://img2.thejournal.ie/inline/3425683/original/?width=630&version=3425683[/IMG]

It would be more interesting to see which would come out on top in
    sales Vs win
    figures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

If you are shopping in Ardkeens stores chancers are you're already a lotto winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭hardybuck

In fairness to Ardkeen stories, I was down visiting from Dublin over the weekend, and they had a number of local food producers in to discuss their products with customers.

I bought delicious coffee, pestos, cheese and cake from four different producers from around the city and county. I only went in for the cake! I heard one of the producers say when he was packing up that it's a pity that more stores aren't supporting them like Ardkeen do - so fair play to them.

The reports in the news and star on the new virtual reality Viking tourist attraction sound great.sounds like something all the family would enjoy.Think its covered in the Munster express too.

Great to see plans for other attractions in news and star too, only plans at this stage but well thought out and looks like some money donated already in the bag.p24-25

The reports in the news and star on the new virtual reality Viking tourist attraction sound great.sounds like something all the family would enjoy.Think its covered in the Munster express too.

Great to see plans for other attractions in news and star too, only plans at this stage but well thought out and looks like some money donated already in the bag.p24-25

First I heard of it was when I saw a short piece on RTE about it last week ..... maybe Nationwide?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,280 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

First I heard of it was when I saw a short piece on RTE about it last week ..... maybe Nationwide?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Excellent coverage on Waterford city and county.
    It's been said before that 'Ireland would be a grand little country if you could only roof it.'

Disregarding the weather aspect, we feel it's grand enough as it is and as for the size, sure that only means you can see most of it in no time at all.

Today we're going to focus our attentions on spending 24 hours in Ireland's oldest city, the historic and beautiful south east haven that is Waterford.

https://lovin.ie/counties/waterford/24-hours-in-wonderful-county-waterford

Nice one finbarr, another one....
    Spraoi weekend next weekend.

Well done to Sinead Lohan of Tramore for reaching the final of the AIG Irish Open Championship in tennis. The final is tomorrow or Sunday on TG4

• Advertisement

Finnbar01 wrote: »

It was great to see my favourite beach - Woodstown - and the Saratoga featured.

Nice piece!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Waterboy2014

Following on from an announcement by Eddie Mulligan earlier this year RE upgrade and development of the Dunmore East cliff walk, I didn't see any movement on it. However, I was out in Dunmore East yesterday and I see some brick work and steps being built alongside the existing sea wall down in the harbour. Is this part of this walkway development or something completely unrelated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Anyone know whats happenning with Supermac's opening in the old bowling alley is it still going ahead?,also seen in the paper this week Rockin Joe's is opening on the Dunmore Road

Anyone know whats happenning with Supermac's opening in the old bowling alley is it still going ahead?,also seen in the paper this week Rockin Joe's is opening on the Dunmore Road

Think supermacs had planning permission in paper months ago, nowt since.speaking of planning, on a positive, in this week's paper the tower hotel looking to expand/do improvements.

A good thing too, the upstairs has the aesthetic of a submarine.

http://www.eplanning.ie/WaterfordCCC/AppFileRefDetails/17474/0

They are in for planning at the moment. Decision not due till the end of the month.

Think supermacs had planning permission in paper months ago, nowt since.speaking of planning, on a positive, in this week's paper the tower hotel looking to expand/do improvements.

Would love to see the Tower redeveloped. It is a bit of a mess upstairs. With all the buildings around there and the carpark that they own they could nearly double the number of rooms they have. Which would have great economic benefits to the city. I heard that during the summer that it can be impossible to get somewhere to stay in Waterford at times. The more hotel rooms, the more visitors spending money, the more companies will want to open shops etc here, more jobs created. A rising tide lifts all boats as Seán Lemass said.

http://www.eplanning.ie/WaterfordCCC/AppFileRefDetails/17566/0

While on the subject of planning also saw that it looks like a DIY shop is going into the retail park on the Six Cross Roads roundabout that Musgraves are in. It would be good to see that filled at last.

BBM77 wrote: »
    http://www.eplanning.ie/WaterfordCCC/AppFileRefDetails/17566/0

While on the subject of planning also saw that it looks like a DIY shop is going into the retail park on the Six Cross Roads roundabout that Musgraves are in. It would be good to see that filled at last.

Hss hire, are they here already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,261 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

BBM77 wrote: »
    Would love to see the Tower redeveloped. It is a bit of a mess upstairs. With all the buildings around there and the carpark that they own they could nearly double the number of rooms they have. Which would have great economic benefits to the city. I heard that during the summer that it can be impossible to get somewhere to stay in Waterford at times. The more hotel rooms, the more visitors spending money, the more companies will want to open shops etc here, more jobs created. A rising tide lifts all boats as Seán Lemass said.

not always necessarily true unfortunately, but this would more than likely have major benefits for the city

Advertisement