Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons to be positive in Waterford?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Very "awesome" Viking sword about 25 meters long set down near Reggies Tower just featured on RTE news.

A pic from earlier in the year

viking-sword.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Some Sword Boi

• Registered Users Posts: 29,261 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Very "awesome" Viking sword about 25 meters long set down near Reggies Tower just featured on RTE news.

looks stunning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Max Powers wrote: »

And it is a pity that the two in charge took soooooo long to cast an eye over Sean McGuire with all the goals he was scoring for Cork City. What real hope would you have of being selected to play int' football or then again would you want to be selected? Best of luck to all featured!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,280 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

big thanks too the winterval organisers

went into today with the family and the younger ones were very happy with all the stuff that was happening. Amazing atmosphere around the town and long may it continue for the future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Anyone know whats happening with the supermacs drive-thru ?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Anyone know whats happening with the supermacs drive-thru ?

Its stopped and forgotten about hopefully. We dont need another deep fried fat retailer! Put a gym in there instead.

Its stopped and forgotten about hopefully. We dont need another deep fried fat retailer! Put a gym in there instead.

Speak for yourself boy!,we have enough gyms we need more chippers!

Speak for yourself boy!,we have enough gyms we need more chippers!

http://www.eplanning.ie/WaterfordCCC/AppFileRefDetails/17474/0

Check back tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Anyone know what's going into the old Xtra Vision beside World Wide Wines at Ardkeen? A lot of work going on there the last week or two and the place looks fairly cleared inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

I'm nearly sure its pizza hut..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Pizza hut going into railway square, unless they are opening two.

sillysocks wrote: »
    Anyone know what's going into the old Xtra Vision beside World Wide Wines at Ardkeen? A lot of work going on there the last week or two and the place looks fairly cleared inside.

http://www.eplanning.ie/WaterfordCCC/AppFileRefDetails/17126/0

Some kind of takeaway!

It was mentioned on another thread that pizza hut are going into the empty unit at the front of railway square,also pizza hut were already on the dunmore road and closed so doubt they would open there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Waterboy2014

I think the old Xtra Vision is to be either a Eddie Rockets or a second outlet of Rockin Joes

I think the old Xtra Vision is to be either a Eddie Rockets or a second outlet of Rockin Joes

I think that's going in behind Topaz in the old Apache unit. Looks like some kind of food outlet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

viking-sword.jpg

Vikings star, Moe Dunford will unveil The Viking Sword in Baileys New Street in Waterford on Friday week the 22nd of December.

http://www.wlrfm.com/2017/12/13/vikings-actor-to-officially-unveil-the-worlds-longest-wooden-sword-sculpture-in-waterford/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

What insurance would be needed to cover this piece or who if any is covering it
    or has it occurred to anyone that it may need insurance?
    Is it WCC or the Artist? All you don't need is some idiot who feels that it may
    need 'improving' and add their own distinct mark to it!

What insurance would be needed to cover this piece or who if any is covering it or has it occurred to anyone that it may need insurance? Is it WCC or the Artist? All you don't need is some idiot who feels that it may need 'improving' and add their own distinct mark to it!

I'm waiting for this idiot to appear, it's a stunning piece of work, must be seen in person

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I'm waiting for this idiot to appear, it's a stunning piece of work, must be seen in person

Have no doubt some dickhead will have a go at making his mark alright.

I agree it is stunning and fair play to those who made it. I believe the Guinness Book of Records were giving out about the roots being left on it saying it wasnt meant to be part of the overall length if it was to be entered in their records. I think the roots look fantastic and actually finish it off so well.

alta stare wrote: »

I agree it is stunning and fair play to those who made it. I believe the Guinness Book of Records were giving out about the roots being left on it saying it wasnt meant to be part of the overall length if it was to be entered in their records. I think the roots look fantastic and actually finish it off so well.

completely agree, keeping the roots was a great idea, looks amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 38,280 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

there's a new chipper in John street called Murphys next door to hillbillies

anyone try it out yet ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

alta stare wrote: »

The reason why they left the roots on was to show to people that the tree was actually blown over rather than chopped down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

IBAL Ireland's cleanest city again, Waterford city. on wlr page.
    Still dopes dumping and littering though, probably take years for these slow learners to learn, congrats to all who don't litter, have picked up rubbish, recycle their waste etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just throw this in here - Waterford gets a few minutes on BBC Four tonight at 10 PM in Irelands Treasures Uncovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭iseegirls

On the front of News & Star this week includes The Range opening up in Waterford over the coming months. Impressed with this store in Liffey Valley.

Also a Portlaw 3 day music festival in the summer which seems very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

iseegirls wrote: »
    On the front of News & Star this week includes The Range opening up in Waterford over the coming months. Impressed with this store in Liffey Valley.

Also a Portlaw 3 day music festival in the summer which seems very interesting

The Range is going to be an impressive shop! The units they are taking and combining will make the place huge. It’s a great vote of confidence in Waterford.

BBM77 wrote: »
    The Range is going to be an impressive shop! The units they are taking and combining will make the place huge. It’s a great vote of confidence in Waterford.

Didn’t see the paper.... where will it be located?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

sillysocks wrote: »
    Didn’t see the paper.... where will it be located?

It will be next to Musgraves out across the road from the Six Cross Roads Business Park.

Advertisement