Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons to be positive in Waterford?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,280 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

BBM77 wrote: »
    It will be next to Musgraves out across the road from the Six Cross Roads Business Park.

be good for jobs but I applied and didn't hear anything back so ditto

never heard of the company before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

It will be next to Musgraves out across the road from the Six Cross Roads Business Park.

It’ll be good to see that business park used. I actually saw an auctioneer advertising cafe space in there the other day-I’m betting the chances of renting that out has greatly improved with such a big shop going in! Good knock on effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

sillysocks wrote: »
    It’ll be good to see that business park used. I actually saw an auctioneer advertising cafe space in there the other day-I’m betting the chances of renting that out has greatly improved with such a big shop going in! Good knock on effects.

There are also plans to build an access road and build hundreds of houses out around there too. Which I’m sure helped their decision also.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Waterboy2014

I see Darren S from News and Star posted on Twitter last night that he's working on a story that is "VERY positive for Waterford. Biggest since the North Quays"...

Very interested to hear about this...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Gardner

been honest Darren is a p!ss poor journalist. he is to current affairs as what Adrian Flanagan is to sport in the news and star :o:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭914

I see Darren S from News and Star posted on Twitter last night that he's working on a story that is "VERY positive for Waterford. Biggest since the North Quays"...

Very interested to hear about this...

From Twitter News and Star - 30 arce leisure village for Ballybeg, 300 jobs expected and the developer keen to start as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,261 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

914 wrote:
    From Twitter News and Star - 30 arce leisure village for Ballybeg, 300 jobs expected and the developer keen to start as soon as possible.

That the crystal leisure centre site?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    That the crystal leisure centre site?

Says on the paper a 30 acre site beside Tesco in Ballybeg is ear marked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Gardner wrote: »
    been honest Darren is a p!ss poor journalist. he is to current affairs as what Adrian Flanagan is to sport in the news and star :o:o

I'm not on my own in regard to opinions on both! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

914 wrote: »

That's quite an amount of security staff to prevent a certain section of the community from thieving from the site!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fargojones123

That's quite an amount of security staff to prevent a certain section of the community from thieving from the site!

and preventing it from being torched to the ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Anyone know the developer it would be interesting to see the other leisure villages they have around the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What the hell is a leisure village?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,261 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Amsterdam comes to mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Something that has trampolines and archery i think

strip clubs and **** banks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

sillysocks wrote: »

Musgraves operate half the units so it is being used. It makes sense to put something in there where you have a flow of people coming in and out. Its in a great location

There are also plans to build an access road and build hundreds of houses out around there too. Which I’m sure helped their decision also.;)

Also the houses were planned and being built before that building actually went up. Carraig An Aird is there, building stopped with land just sold to the front which im sure will be more houses as there was already planning on there for houses, Im sure its expired but in theory should get the go ahead.

FoxWood next to it was started nearly 10 years ago now and that planning will go all the way back and behind Carraig An Aird.

The plans for a new leisure centre are to be on the land directly next to Waterford Rugby Club and runs way back in there, 50 acres.

Could be a great thing could be a bad thing. Whats needed first and foremost is the fields all around the area being used to keep horses and scrap metal. This needs to be addressed first and will be addressed as i am led to believe

Don’t mean to be negative and I hope I’m wrong. But the whole “unnamed developer”, speaking of starting in 3 to 6 months and creating 300 jobs has me a bit sceptical on this. To make it worse there is a Fianna Fail councillor involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Waterboy2014

So many positive things going on in Waterford right now. Big move on SDZ last night and it sounds like Capital Investment will be announced next week.

Also I saw advertisement for Viking Festival on Easter weekend. Looks class... especially the show in the Apple Market.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

iseegirls wrote: »
    On the front of News & Star this week includes The Range opening up in Waterford over the coming months. Impressed with this store in Liffey Valley.

A bit more on this

http://waterford-today.ie/waterford-today-news/11902-the-range-to-create-80-jobs-with-opening-of-new-superstore-in-waterford-on-good-friday-11902.html
    Following months of anticipation great value UK home, leisure and gardens retailer, The Range, is thrilled to announce a confirmed opening date for its new superstore in Waterford. The development work on the site at Musgrave Business Park is well underway and the new superstore plans to open its doors on Good Friday, 30th March at 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Good to see a new local restaurant opening up in the former Wine Vault / McLearys space called Everett's, coming in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Haven't seen it mentioned here at all but the Ring kings professional boxing show in the WIT arena was brilliant last night, top class production and a great atmosphere.

Theres Planning gone in for a 90 bed nursing home and 100 houses behind musgraves, last planning application/ammendment was Dec 2017

Boooourns wrote: »
    Haven't seen it mentioned here at all but the Ring kings professional boxing show in the WIT arena was brilliant last night, top class production and a great atmosphere.

pity about the standard of boxing though. it was pretty poor. enjoyable night otherwise

pity about the standard of boxing though. it was pretty poor. enjoyable night otherwise

Yeah the home fighters are all just starting their pro journey so they're not going to be in with decent opponents just yet and you'd have to factor in the nerves as it was such a big show. Perez and Donovan showed their class though and it was great seeing Date getting that quick tko.
    Hopefully more shows to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Boooourns wrote: »

Yeah the home fighters are all just starting their pro journey so they're not going to be in with decent opponents just yet and you'd have to factor in the nerves as it was such a big show. Perez and Donovan showed their class though and it was great seeing Date getting that quick tko.
    Hopefully more shows to come.

How many were there?

Deiseen wrote: »
    How many were there?

1500 which was the capacity, not 100% on that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

• Advertisement

http://www.eplanning.ie/WaterfordCCC/AppFileRefDetails/1884/0

Interesting and more good news on the retail front. Empty units being combined to create a big one in the Bulterstown retail park. Time will tell who it is for…

Advertisement