Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons to be positive in Waterford?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Max Powers wrote: »
    Never heard of him, fair play to SJ though. We need more like him.

He owns the old jute factory too has it rented out into different units.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bluess99

shockwave wrote: »
    He owns the old jute factory too has it rented out into different units.

quote="Nypd;114528346"]Sean Johnson owns the causeway group and is putting a lot of investment into the city doesn’t get the credit he deserves.[/quote]

Sean owns the Cleaboy business park, the old Bank of Ireland building on Parnell st/Apple Market and the Greenway Manor Hotel. His business adds alot of employment to Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Gardner

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Still amazed they haven't opened any of there venues and serve basic food

Whispers of wet pubs been allowed open in a few weeks with restrictions

if rumours are to be believed and it wouldn't surprise me with the person overseeing the group that its in a bit of bother at the moment. It's all outside money borrowed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Gardner

Nypd wrote: »
    Sean Johnson owns the causeway group and is putting a lot of investment into the city doesn’t get the credit he deserves.

The man crippled families and businesses in this town with his antics. he failed to pay subbies and they went to the wall. Once bitten twice shy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

bluess99 wrote: »
    quote="Nypd;114528346"]Sean Johnson owns the causeway group and is putting a lot of investment into the city doesn’t get the credit he deserves.

Sean owns the Cleaboy business park, the old Bank of Ireland building on Parnell st/Apple Market and the Greenway Manor Hotel. His business adds alot of employment to Waterford.[/quote]

Maybe it's just the nature of the place being a little too small but it's a bit worrying we often seem to end in a situation here where a handful of businessmen own a hell of a lot of the business in town.

Fair play to them for investing but it's a dangerous game all the same. There's an awful lot of dominoes to fall when the mogul de jour hits a rocky patch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Fair play to them for investing but it's a dangerous game all the same. There's an awful lot of dominoes to fall when the mogul de jour hits a rocky patch.

Monopolisation is the aim of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 14,156 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Nypd wrote: »
    Sean Johnson owns the causeway group and is putting a lot of investment into the city doesn’t get the credit he deserves.

So you're saying it's not a US venture capital group that uses Sean as the point man for operations in Waterford?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭curmudgeonly

So you're saying it's not a US venture capital group that uses Sean as the point man for operations in Waterford?

Three sides to every story, this is the correct story.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,271 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

that Pinks place looks very nice going by Facebook

Opening the 18th Sep and have also launched an app where you can book tables/takeaway, see menu etc

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

that Pinks place looks very nice going by Facebook

Opening the 18th Sep and have also launched an app where you can book tables/takeaway, see menu etc

Was there last night for the tasting,
    Really impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I see Wurth are opening a shop in Eddie Garrys old garage on the Cork Rd ,and Emo are opening a new filling station in the old Autoport ,and Wowburger are opening up somewhere in Waterford https://wowburger.ie/

I see Wurth are opening a shop in Eddie Garrys old garage on the Cork Rd ,and Emo are opening a new filling station in the old Autoport ,and Wowburger are opening up somewhere in Waterford https://wowburger.ie/

Where did you hear about Wowburger? That would be a great addition in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Heard this too. Love Wowburger. Heard it's opening in Lisduggan. Fingers crossed.

Where did you hear about Wowburger? That would be a great addition in fairness.

Jobs in the paper for them

Rothmans wrote: »
    Heard this too. Love Wowburger. Heard it's opening in Lisduggan. Fingers crossed.

I heard they were opening up in the craftsman but id say that person got their wires crossed ,the shopping centre sounds more likely.

I heard they were opening up in the craftsman but id say that person got their wires crossed ,the shopping centre sounds more likely.

Thought that too at first. But I would imagine that they'll have a similar set up to Mary's off Grafton st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

See an Italian Bakery is opening on Georges St in the old O’Brien sandwich shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Wowburger is expensive.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

vriesmays wrote: »
    Wowburger is expensive.

It is in me hole.

• Advertisement

Wheres wowburger going ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

:D
    Wheres wowburger going ?
    mayordenis wrote: »
    It is in me hole.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

I'll never look at a burger the same way again.

Wheres wowburger going ?

Don't know yet meant to be out on paddy browns road someplace

Don't know yet meant to be out on paddy browns road someplace

Hope it's not moving to the place in Ardkeen where every business that goes in there closes

Hope it's not moving to the place in Ardkeen where every business that goes in there closes

A few people mentioned Lisduggan which is most definitely not Ardkeen.

Actually, I know the area is pretty working class in general BUT with the college, industrial estate and concentration of housing in the area, that part of town at least in any normal city would be absolutely prime for spots exactly like Wowburger. Hopefully a few more will join them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Is Wowburger an American chain?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Is Wowburger an American chain?

Certainly sounds like it, never heard of them before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭iseegirls

BBM77 wrote: »
    See an Italian Bakery is opening on Georges St in the old O’Brien sandwich shop.

I thought Ice Cream Parlour are in the old O'briens place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Don't be trying to cod us that you'd ever be out Ardkeen way.

Sure there's always a small bit of optimism out there, you'd spontaneously combust!

Advertisement