Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons to be positive in Waterford?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

iseegirls wrote: »
    I thought Ice Cream Parlour are in the old O'briens place?

They are, the 2 businesses are opposite each other with the Italian bakery in the unit that was at various times a sports shop/clothing shops and most recently a site for Polish Xmas market at Winterval I think.

Both businesses I believe are run/owned by the same people who own Carter's Café so should be decent quality at least.

Is Wowburger an American chain?

Doesn't look like it, an Irish franchise originating in Dublin. They do look to be heavily styled on the likes of Five Guys/In And Out/Whataburger etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,590 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://wowburger.ie/

Menu standard enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

mayordenis wrote: »
    It is in me hole.

Their Veggie Burger meal is about €12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

They are, the 2 businesses are opposite each other with the Italian bakery in the unit that was at various times a sports shop/clothing shops and most recently a site for Polish Xmas market at Winterval I think.

Both businesses I believe are run/owned by the same people who own Carter's Café so should be decent quality at least.
    Tried out the Ice Cream Place on Saturday.
    Thought it was lovely! Nice selection of flavours too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I heard they were opening up in the craftsman but id say that person got their wires crossed ,the shopping centre sounds more likely.

It is actually opening in the craftsman pub this weekend,they just posted it on their Instagram.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

It is actually opening in the craftsman pub this weekend,they just posted it on their Instagram.

Very strange location to be honest.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Very strange location to be honest.

It really is a strange location,when someone said it to me a few weeks ago I thought they were joking.

Fairly odd location alright

No doubt will be packed with the opening hysteria

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I think one of Wowburger's first locations was the Workman's Club on the Quays in Dublin. A little unusual - but burger and beer are a good combination I suppose.

Nothing amazing about it in my opinion - but you should get a decent burger.

• Advertisement

Some crowd around town

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Some crowd around town

Yep, been like that all day, it’s such a shame it’s not always like that. Everyone commenting on how it feels like Christmas

Was in grabbing a few last minute clothes before have no access for God knows how long. Real last days of Rome feel about the place.

I was in Wowburger earlier and its actually in Bad Bobs old bar at the back of the craftsman ,bit of a mad set up ordering at the bar but really nice burger and plenty of parking,can see it doing well in time but they could do with some signs letting people know where it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

They're quite happy to set-up shop in partnership with kitchens in bars in populated areas. They make money from the on-prem food and also have takeaway/delivery. Their own costs are small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭BBM77

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Had some food from Rack and Soul. My god it is such a beautiful food and fairly affordable too.

Had some food from Rack and Soul. My god it is such a beautiful food and fairly affordable too.

Got some delivery from there too last week. Beautiful grub and the hunger buster platter is great value for 30 quid. Loadsa food on it, enough for 3 adults easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Got some delivery from there too last week. Beautiful grub and the hunger buster platter is great value for 30 quid. Loadsa food on it, enough for 3 adults easy.

Got it last night, the hunger buster, it was ok, but cold, onion rings and wedges were bland and looked like they were not freshly cooked, reheated I’d say, and as I said by the time It reached me, which is less than 5 minutes from them, it was cold, also arrived very quick which convinced me even more it was not cooked fresh, plus forgot a portion of chips, or €30 I expected more quality, sorry for the negativity on it, but I’m just being honest

Got food from Brooklyn last night and was pretty nice but the Garlic Bread was disappointing

€27 for a 12 inch pizza, Garlic Bread, chips chicken and 2 drinks is a good price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Looking forward to an All Ireland final after beating our friends from Kilkenny.

hardybuck wrote: »
    Looking forward to an All Ireland final after beating our friends from Kilkenny.

Over the moon

Even though its a much a different championship its still ****ing amazing to be in the All Ireland Final after all our semi final heartbreak

Going to enjoy my meal and drinks whenever I can

Looks like Five Guys are opening in Waterford in February ,they were advertising jobs on Linkedin if you google five guys waterford linkedin its the first search but the jobs are gone already!

Looks like Five Guys are opening in Waterford in February ,they were advertising jobs on Linkedin if you google five guys waterford linkedin its the first search but the jobs are gone already!

Interesting, I wonder are they going into a pub like wowburger did

Looking at the menu pretty similar to the usual American dinner place (Hot Dogs, Burgers, Fries,milkshakes)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Living in Dublin the last few years, there's isn't too much between the burger chains war factions; JoBurger (now deceased), Eddie Rockets, Bunsen, Wowburger and Five Guys, etc...

Having tried them all, my own marginal favourite would be Wowburger, but having a well known global chain like Five Guys here could be seen as a bit of a boon for Waterford, as I don't think they're anywhere outside of Dublin currently.

* Not interested in your opinions on whether having an international burger chain in Waterford is beneficial or not from a health perspective, just commenting on the facts,

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭spaceCreated

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Living in Dublin the last few years, there's isn't too much between the burger chains war factions; JoBurger (now deceased), Eddie Rockets, Bunsen, Wowburger and Five Guys, etc...

Having tried them all, my own marginal favourite would be Wowburger, but having a well known global chain like Five Guys here could be seen as a bit of a boon for Waterford, as I don't think they're anywhere outside of Dublin currently.

* Not interested in your opinions on whether having an international burger chain in Waterford is beneficial or not from a health perspective, just commenting on the facts,

Alls we need now is a Nandos and we're almost set

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Alls we need now is a Nandos and we're almost set

Anyone have a number for Martin Cullen?

Seagull Bakery opening in town next to Momo on Patrick's street,great to see them in the city!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Really a county thing but no one visits that board ;)

The Deise is the most liveable county in the land apparently according to something called the "Liveability Index" scoring due to a mix of sun, scenery, house prices, and proximity to Cork - no wait that's not mentioned.

It's obviously nonsense as each of the criteria is given equal weight but we'll take it.

Wexford second place, which is fair enough as it's basically Waterford with only slightly worse people ;)

https://www.bluejayliveability.com/overall-ranking-county/

• Advertisement

Got a loaf of sourdough and a few cookies from the Italian Bakery today

Very nice i have to say, cookies a little heavy

Advertisement