Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons to be positive in Waterford?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Got a loaf of sourdough and a few cookies from the Italian Bakery today

Very nice i have to say, cookies a little heavy

I got a panini and some mini doughnuts from there recently and they were very nice i'll definitely be back ,with Seagull bakery opening in town as well and another bakery opening next to O'Briens off licence on the Dunmore Road they must be a market for them in Waterford!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I got a panini and some mini doughnuts from there recently and they were very nice i'll definitely be back ,with Seagull bakery opening in town as well and another bakery opening next to O'Briens off licence on the Dunmore Road they must be a market for them in Waterford!

Oh was wondering what was going in beside O Briens. Do you know if it’s somewhere new or an existing bakery moving from somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,383 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Any news on the Four Guys ?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

PTH2009 wrote:

They got another friend and became five

sillysocks wrote: »
    Oh was wondering what was going in beside O Briens. Do you know if it’s somewhere new or an existing bakery moving from somewhere?

I dont know to be honest i just heard it was a bakery going in there ,but all those buildings are owned by Ardkeen stores so might be something to do with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

Seagull Bakery opening in town next to Momo on Patrick's street,great to see them in the city!

Great news on these dark days. Shop local. Definitely worth queuing for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Looks like Five Guys are opening in Waterford in February ,they were advertising jobs on Linkedin if you google five guys waterford linkedin its the first search but the jobs are gone already!

I was curious about the Five Guys thing so I did a bit of digging.

It looks to me that Five Guys are coming to Waterford, just that it happens to be Waterford North Carolina! :pac::pac: You can see the ad that Moose Knuckle mentions here, but all the details relate to employment in the US; 401K, High School etc... In addition, the "a Bit About Us" mentioned a franchise in the Carolinas:

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/shift-leader-waterford-at-five-guys-2297102695/?originalSubdomain=ie

I also found this random post on a Facebook group for Leland/Waterford North Carolina from the last week which talks about a new Five Guys opening:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/lelandresidents/permalink/1335837023444760

So, I don't think we will be getting a Five Guys!

johnnykilo wrote: »
    I was curious about the Five Guys thing so I did a bit of digging.

It looks to me that Five Guys are coming to Waterford, just that it happens to be Waterford North Carolina! :pac::pac: You can see the ad that Moose Knuckle mentions here, but all the details relate to employment in the US; 401K, High School etc... In addition, the "a Bit About Us" mentioned a franchise in the Carolinas:

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/shift-leader-waterford-at-five-guys-2297102695/?originalSubdomain=ie

I also found this random post on a Facebook group for Leland/Waterford North Carolina from the last week which talks about a new Five Guys opening:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/lelandresidents/permalink/1335837023444760

So, I don't think we will be getting a Five Guys!

Sherlock Holmes wouldn't have a patch on you :D

I thought it might of been too good to be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

The National Transport Authority have recently allocated €14m for walking and cycling infrastructure in Waterford.

This is spread throughout the city and county, but works like the following will hopefully improve access to the city centre, get people moving and out of their cars:

- Ballinakill to city centre pedestrian & cycle scheme
    - John's Park to Folly cycle scheme
    - WIT to city centre green route
    - Inner Ring Road cycle infastructure design
    - Bilberry to city centre cycle route
    - Sustainable transport bridge
    - WRH to city centre
    - Regional Bikes
    - Folly to city centre cycle scheme
    - Manor St to Military Rd cycle scheme
    - Cork Rd to Cleaboy Rd via Keane's Rd cycle scheme
    - Dock Rd and Abbey Rd Infrastructure Works

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

hardybuck wrote: »
    The National Transport Authority have recently allocated €14m for walking and cycling infrastructure in Waterford.

This is spread throughout the city and county, but works like the following will hopefully improve access to the city centre, get people moving and out of their cars:

- Ballinakill to city centre pedestrian & cycle scheme
    - WIT to city centre green route
    - Inner Ring Road cycle infastructure design
    - Bilberry to city centre cycle route
    - Sustainable transport bridge
    - WRH to city centre
    - Regional Bikes
    - Folly to city centre cycle scheme
    - Manor St to Military Rd cycle scheme
    - Cork Rd to Cleaboy Rd via Keane's Rd cycle scheme
    - Dock Rd and Abbey Rd Infrastructure Works

Good news, but they really have to get someone from somewhere that knows about cycling to design these schemes, maybe someone from the Netherlands or Denmark. The cycle lanes need to be physically separated from the road. A bit of red paint on the road is not good enough.

• Advertisement

fricatus wrote: »
    Good news, but they really have to get someone from somewhere that knows about cycling to design these schemes, maybe someone from the Netherlands or Denmark. The cycle lanes need to be physically separated from the road. A bit of red paint on the road is not good enough.

The different Councils in Dublin did a lot of work in 2020 to create physically separated cycle lanes. That's set to continue in 2021, and I'd say the likes of the NTA would put caveats to ensure that all Councils do similar going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

hardybuck wrote: »

Will be interesting to see this one. It gets very narrow when you get to the roundabout by the chipper and launderette. Can't see any cycle lanes fitting there, or making the roundabout any better.

iseegirls wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see this one. It gets very narrow when you get to the roundabout by the chipper and launderette. Can't see any cycle lanes fitting there, or making the roundabout any better.

Maybe this should move into a fresh thread, but from experience in Dublin some roads were made one way to improve access to pedestrians and cyclists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Nearform (Tramore company with the Covid tracker app) have got 10m investment from US company.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

anyone have any idea what the Studio One company is about-out in six cross roads business park(Deltona House)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Saw on the Facebooks that Boston Donuts are opening on Michael Street, for those interested in that sort of thing:

https://www.facebook.com/Bostondonutswaterford

New plans for a Cafe across from the courthouse

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=272047507772969

FFS who is eating all this crap?!

FFS who is eating all this crap?!

There's a market for crap American style food and also good for the Facebook/Instagram etc posts showing how much a legend you are for having your hipster donut, bread, pancakes etc

Noticed a thread in people selling American candy and stuff. Lots on Facebook Marketplace and not cheap either

I really don't see how all these places can possibly survive for more than a few months even when Covid isn't a thing. There is a finite amount of money for eating out, at whatever level of gastronomic delight.

• Advertisement

Is it not a business complex incorporating a Cafe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Mad to think of all the millions they spent on the courthouse and nobody once thought "there are dozens of staff working here and a lot of people coming through our doors every day, lets build them a canteen". Complete lack of common sense there.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭aziz

Mad to think of all the millions they spent on the courthouse and nobody once thought "there are dozens of staff working here and a lot of people coming through our doors every day, lets build them a canteen". Complete lack of common sense there.

Half the people going through the courts everyday,you wouldn’t want in your cafe

I’m talking about the legal profession 😉

Henry deBromhead laying waste to Cheltenham. Amazing run of wins and it's only 3.20 on day two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Henry deBromhead laying waste to Cheltenham. Amazing run of wins and it's only 3.20 on day two.

Just bagged the 'Triple Crown' - The Champion Hurdle, Champion Chase and The Gold Cup in the same week. No trainer has ever done that before. Amazing stuff.

Not a local but De Bromhead's top pilot Racheal Blackmore also the top jockey, another first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

niallo76 wrote: »
    anyone have any idea what the Studio One company is about-out in six cross roads business park(Deltona House)?
    Helping clients live a high performing lifestyle through our unique belief in health and fitness.
    @StudioOneWaterford · Private members club
    https://www.facebook.com/StudioOneWaterford

Either a gym or a type of a members club like Raven on Ballybricken.
    Unable to tell which.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Saw on the Facebooks that Boston Donuts are opening on Michael Street, for those interested in that sort of thing:

https://www.facebook.com/Bostondonutswaterford

Seems to be open now, in the former Wacky Shoes shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Great to have Seagull Bakery opening up too in the City. Although the queues have been huge. Trying to find a time when it should possibly be quieter to pop in.
    Huge kudos to Momo as well for selling Seagulls produce in the past few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Saw huge queues there on Friday morning.

Advertisement