Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons to be positive in Waterford?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,271 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Got takeaway from Pinks the other day and have to say it was really nice. Really improved since the last time I had it

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭new92

It's a great place. It really is. I've made my lockdown a time to get to know the city. Its history; its people. Luckily there's online material from the Library, "Decies", where you can read all about the city, and county, in some detail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Someone is positive today!

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40279103.html
    The winning tickets were sold in Cork and Waterford after the lucky players matched five numbers.

The ticket holders have scooped the €500,000 prize.

Lucky bugger

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭deise121

iseegirls wrote: »
    Great to have Seagull Bakery opening up too in the City. Although the queues have been huge. Trying to find a time when it should possibly be quieter to pop in.
    Huge kudos to Momo as well for selling Seagulls produce in the past few months.

where's this in town? i loves a good bakery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭iseegirls

deise121 wrote: »
    where's this in town? i loves a good bakery

Right beside Momo restaurant, across from the cinema on Patrick Street.

Also I see Loko are opening up Little Loko in Poleberry. Think there used to be an Italian takeaway in there before, near the back of The Mansion House.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭deise121

Also I see Loko are opening up Little Loko in Poleberry. Think there used to be an Italian takeaway in there before, near the back of The Mansion House.

brilliant, thanks.

that's great news about loko. really enjoy their stuff, especially the diy pizza kits and their cinnamon buns. seems like quite a few of the restaurants have actually had decent years despite not being allowed open for sit in dining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

That Italian takeaway I found was very good. It made excellent pizzas. A shame it went out of business, the location is possibly not the best for a chipper. Hopefully Loko will have more luck. I do like their food.

And it also has room to eat in, so that'll be handy when things open up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Rothmans wrote: »
    That Italian takeaway I found was very good. It made excellent pizzas. A shame it went out of business, the location is possibly not the best for a chipper. Hopefully Loko will have more luck. I do like their food.

And it also has room to eat in, so that'll be handy when things open up again.

That was about the third pizzeria that had been in that location over the last 10 or so years. Not sure why people kept opening up the same business in the same location when the previous one had failed :p

Anyway, that's exciting news about Loko, hadn't realised that they were heading in there. They're good people who make tasty (though very calorific food :pac:) and it'd be good for the general area to have a new business in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

https://www.wlrfm.com/2021/05/14/new-rail-freight-service-between-waterford-and-ballina-to-start-in-june/

This is excellent news. ALong with the new service to Asia the Port of Waterford looks to be going from strength to strength.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

BBM77 wrote: »
    A new twice-weekly rail freight service in each direction between Ballina, Co Mayo and Waterford Port is to begin next month.

Does that mean active rail line through the North Quays and the first couple of hundreds of meters of Waterford-New Ross greenway?

How is that going to work? With the construction traffic, pedestrian traffic and so on?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

beazee wrote: »
    Does that mean active rail line through the North Quays and the first couple of hundreds of meters of Waterford-New Ross greenway?

How is that going to work? With the construction traffic, pedestrian traffic and so on?

The greenway will not be running via the line by Belview. As for construction its unknown but the line was to be available during construction though possibly restricted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    The greenway will not be running via the line by Belview. As for construction its unknown but the line was to be available during construction though possibly restricted.

walked a 10k stretch of the greenway during the week, tis looking good, the bridge over the bypass is impressive, hoping to do the whole trail soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Yes, that was always the case. They are moving the train station down to the north quays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Seems to be sharing a couple of hundred of meters to me:
    x21ReHK.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Seems to be sharing a couple of hundred of meters to me:
    x21ReHK.png

Would have to check this but its not sharing the space at all. Where both lines meet is where the new hub is so the train line would be lower and greenway (not really one at this location) will just be a pedestrian area/public path.

You could say the Greenway will end at start of Eastern NQuays and restart at Billbury.

Where did Tender hooks open ?

Saw it on Justeat, first I heard of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Where did Tender hooks open ?

Saw it on Justeat, first I heard of it

Only this month I believe. Food is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Only this month I believe. Food is pretty good.

Is that where Humdingers is/was?

jimbojazz wrote: »

Actually not sure to be honest. I got a delivery from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭nomoedoe

jimbojazz wrote: »

I got it delivered last week as you can’t collect it but if you look at the map on just eat it shows it’s in humdingers so maybe they are changing or just working from there ,food was really nice though I’d definitely get it again .

Tried Tender Hooks

Not the worst but not the best I've had. Pretty similar to Eddie Rocketts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭blackwhite

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Tried Tender Hooks

Not the worst but not the best I've had. Pretty similar to Eddie Rocketts

It is Eddie Rockets - just another brand they've launched

blackwhite wrote: »

Didn't know that. I like Eddie Rockets but a bit pricey.

blackwhite wrote: »

Mystery over thank god

'Let’s Meet @ O’Connell Street!
    O’Connell Street businesses come together with the Waterford Cultural Quarter to create an outdoor space to meet!

We are delighted to announce that O’Connell Street will be pedestrianised each weekend for the Summer Season. The road will be closed each Friday to Sunday to facilitate Let’s Meet @ O’Connell Street!

“Let’s Meet @ O’Connell Street” is an initiative developed by a working collective of businesses operating on O'Connell Street, supported by the Waterford Cultural Quarter.

The initiative will offer Waterford residents and visitors an opportunity to zoom out and reconnect in an outdoor setting each weekend.

The Road closure will operate from 5pm Friday to 12 midnight Sunday each week commencing on 11th June, 2021 to 26th September, 2021.

The Pub’s, Thomas Mahers and Tullys, will move onto the street, creating an outdoor seating area for their customers.

The Phoenix Yard Market, Lam’s Asian Food and Eskimo Pizza will also move onto the Street, serving up a selection of food to meet all tastes.

The Cultural Quarter is an exciting and vibrant area with a number of museums and garter lane theatre. There are unique retail options like The Vintage Factory and Souk Dalma, and great cafes including The Old Couch Cafe and The Granary. You will also find fun activities in The Escape Room and Greenway Bike Hire
    Claire Lalvani, from Thomas Mahers, representing the Let’s Meet @ O’Connell Street businesses said “We are delighted to be given this opportunity to open and move onto O’Connell Street at the weekends. This enables us to offer a new experience within a safe and secure environment for our customers to meet. After a long shutdown, we are eager to open and we look forward to welcoming our patrons back”.
    Katherine Collins of the Waterford Cultural Quarter said “Our focus is to work with local businesses and improve the vibrancy of the Cultural Quarter for residents and visitors alike.

Let’s Meet @ O’Connell Street road closure will operate each weekend from Friday 11th June to Sunday 26th September.

#waterford #IrelandsAncientEast #keepdiscovering #PhoenixYardMarket

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭JohnC.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2021/0614/1227977-horological-museum-waterford/

Horological museum opens in Greyfriars.

It’s about time.

(Sorry)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

Seagull bakery are opening in Dunmore east soon next to O Sheas fish and chips :)

Advertisement