Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

personalised email info@myname.ie??

Options
  • 11-02-2013 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

hi guys im lookin for a bit of info where to get the type/simular email adress as above.
    where would i head for a email like it?
    can it be got for free

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

youd probably have to register a website with your name

like john murphy .com or whatever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

If you registered a domain called shooter88.ie you could set up a webmail account for anything@shooter88.ie
    Less than €30 probably in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

You often get 1 free email often once you register a domain name

So if you were to buy johnsmith.ie for 1 year it would be abount 10 quid or so and there would be an email you could choose

The more you spend and depending on what service you can make lots of email names

I route about 5 different emails into my gmail for a nice handy bit of convenience

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You'd need:
    • Domain name
    • Email service / hosting

Domains prices vary from around 5 Euro / year upwards (depending on the domain extension - the bit on the right of the dot)

Email service / hosting - there are some free options out there, but you can usually get it from a couple of euro a month and upwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

I do miss Ireland.com

There's a new domain called .me from Montenegro. It easy to get and they have a list of the one's you can't get. fu*k.me is gone though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭lotas

I registered my full legal name with blacknight as a .IE, and have the .COM version of it also. for the .IE, I needed to prove I was me... think I used a drivers license. for the .COM it was simple... I think the .IE is costing me about 40EUR a year, and I am hosting my mail with Office365, for another EUR5 a month or so...

lotas wrote: »
    I registered my full legal name with blacknight as a .IE, and have the .COM version of it also. for the .IE, I needed to prove I was me... think I used a drivers license. for the .COM it was simple... I think the .IE is costing me about 40EUR a year, and I am hosting my mail with Office365, for another EUR5 a month or so...

As a matter of interest, what did you put before it? As in XXXX@myfullname.ie

Methememb wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, what did you put before it? As in XXXX@myfullname.ie

just my first name... so its firstname@firstnamelastname.ie... yea, bit redundant, but sounds better than info@... was thinking me@firstnamelastname.ie, which is possible with aliases...

Cool, thanks!

If you registered a domain called shooter88.ie you could set up a webmail account for anything@shooter88.ie
    Less than €30 probably in total.

just on the note of shooter88.ie. unless its registered as a business name, you wont get that... .IE registration is a bit of a pain in the left nut... shooter88.com is possible...

• Advertisement

It'd look good on a CV wouldn't it?

its better than having your email address at rentadrunk.com... :)

Yep, looks quite professional... If I see companies of businesses being advertised with a gmail email it looks a bit less good alrite... Ie domains are for business and the likes with VAT numbers and proof and the likes but there was some personal domain thing for the ie's recently changed... But yea if you buy your .com on godaddy it's about 8 a year with a free email and free for a year

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

I was thinking about getting a my name.ie website and email just to have my cv and cover letter available online, it would require a password to view for privacy reasons.
    Good or bad idea ? would the email address be enough ?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Fuh Q wrote: »
    I was thinking about getting a my name.ie website and email just to have my cv and cover letter available online, it would require a password to view for privacy reasons.
    Good or bad idea ? would the email address be enough ?

I really like that idea, even though I'm not sure why potential employers would look at your website and not your pdf file CV in attachment.

I'm no pro though

I really like that idea, even though I'm not sure why potential employers would look at your website and not your pdf file CV in attachment.

I'm no pro though
    Thats what I was thinking, is it too much ? or would employers think that Im willing make every effort to make things happen ?

Thats what I was thinking, is it too much ? or would employers think that Im willing make every effort to make things happen ?

I suppose they could view it both ways.
    a) You're a very professional person willing to move mountains for employment/potential employer
    b) You've got to much time on your hands and are wasting it on making a website nobody will look at rather than doing something productive.

Really don't know :confused:
    When I read it my first thought was: I'm doing that

Anyway you shouldn't have one standard cover letter. It should be tweaked for every position you apply for

The email looks professional enough I think Even if you have a simple page for your .com or .ie

It can be as cheap as 5 quid a year for the .com domain if it's just the email your after

Anyway you shouldn't have one standard cover letter. It should be tweaked for every position you apply for
    I agree, could possibly have a couple of different cover letters on the website and the each different employer gets a unique password which would redirect to the appropriate web page ?

• Advertisement

I suppose they could view it both ways.
    a) You're a very professional person willing to move mountains for employment/potential employer
    b) You've got to much time on your hands and are wasting it on making a website nobody will look at rather than doing something productive.

Really don't know :confused:
    When I read it my first thought was: I'm doing that
    Dont forget, when you get that big job I want a consultancy fee and commission .. :D

Dont forget, when you get that big job I want a consultancy fee and commission .. :D

I'll think of your nickname when that day comes ... :-p

Advertisement