Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

User perma-banned from AH

Options
  • 11-02-2013 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭

Not me. I'm a good boy.
    Apparently RoundyMooney isn't.
    Biggins wrote: »
    Yes.
    (As I was at the Wed' meeting also)

And I'm not debating directly with Roundmooney as his previous interactions, their consistent low quality with me is on record with top mods of boards.ie and above (who has contacted me) who are continuously monitoring the quality of his posts.

You've made that false claim, together with a number of vague and psuedo dramatic statements before, on Feedback, and an admin had to step in and, shall we say, correct yet another lie, in fairness to them. Perhaps you'd like to repeat it again? I'm sure they have better things to be doing, and I really would rather you didn't.

Anyway, regarding these marches, they were in essence, a failure-despite some tabloid commentary to the contrary. Due in no small part to the fragmented nature of the attendees, general lack of engagement with the public (and public service employees) and the inability of a small minority at the Dublin event to behave themselves.

Despite some vitriolic commentary around the web, aimed at members of AGS, I doubt any garda wants to go out and crack heads at a public and lawful gathering of protesters. The rank and file Gardaí are suffering just the same as many others.

Ok. So there was a bit of bickering between him and Biggins.
    I fail to see how this particular post can lead to him being permanently banned.

There was no personal abuse.
    No baiting (on the part of RM anyway).
    There was just a little bit of harmless bickering between the two of them. Hardly worthy of a thread ban, let alone a permanent forum ban.
    LoLth wrote: »
    Sorry to go back on this thread but I think this needs to be addressed.

[admin hat on]

Biggins, if you feel that RMs posts are of too low a quality, then please put him on ignore.

By "on record" I assume you mean the feedback thread and communication from October last year? You have had an issue with RM in the past, it was reported, it was dealt with.

as for "continuously monitoring the quality of his posts": what now?

I'm sorry but, seeing as you made this statement in public I feel compelled to correct this misperception in public.

top mods of boards...well that'd be the admins right? unless you mean the staff (Dav etc).

for the record: THE ADMINS ARE *NOT* MONITORING THE QUALITY OF ROUNDYMOONEYS POSTS.

Please stop alluding to ongoing investigations, continuous monitoring and high level ongoing discussions. Apart from the brief issue last October none of this is factual to the best of my knowledge. If you have some PM or link to prove otherwise please feel free to PM it to me and I will happily apologise plublicly to you for my mistake. Otherwise I, and the rest of the admins I am sure, would very much appreciate if you could engage in discussion with the other users without drawing on the admins to threaten/influence/persuade other users or lend some form of credence or weight to your opinions. I have had to check back through my PMs, as have other admins, I've checked the reported PMs, the admin forum threads for any indication that there is any form of "ongoing" issue that involves the user Biggins, there is not.

As always, if you have an issue with a post, report it. we wont automagically know. If you feel you are being baited, ignore it. Same as any other user would.

thank you all and I now return you to your scheduled programming...

[/admin hat]

LoLth sums things up nicely here from an Admin point of view, but fails to address the permanent ban.

The topic at hand was always going to be heated, but to permanently ban a user over such a benign comment is really ****ing ridiculous.

I know how things work behind the scenes.
    The mods discuss disputes between certain users, and then work out the best way to act.
    This was over the top, and a permanent ban was completely unwarranted.
    All RM did was quote Biggins and give a reasonable and abuse free reply.

I'm not saying that RM is completely innocent.
    However, all he deserved there was a slap on the wrist.
    Have a mod tell him and Biggins to STFU.

Lift the ban. You know it was wrong in the first place.
    Post edited by Shield on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm sure the user in question knows how to appeal any desicion he's unhappy with.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement