Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does a holding company operate in Ireland

• 11-02-2013 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Colleague of mine is launching two companies at present, one with myself (Company B) and another with a separate group (Company A). He has registered Company A already, however Company B which is the one I will be working on also could fall under the umbrella of Company A as it sells similar goods and services.

Is it possible to operate the two companies as one for the purposes of tax, accounts etc. but also be able to act as an individual company in terms of how its shares are divided out etc.

Just trying to find out is it cleaner to set the two of them up as completely separate businesses or is it possible for them to operate under the one umbrella so to speak?

Hope this doesn't sound too vague or confusing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I don't know the answer to your question, hopefully someone could help. Either way it sounds like you need professional tax advice if you're planning to structure the companies in the way you describe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

You can have both companies owning shares in each other, this is confusing as hell tho. The companies are still seperate legal entities tho so need 2 sets of accounts etc.

It would be simpler to just operate one company, and have a second "trading as" name. This means 1 company but 2 trading names.

Advertisement