Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

darwin bound, good idea or not?

Options
  • 11-02-2013 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Thinking of going to Darwin in the next 3 weeks as ive had enough of Sydney and also need to get my regional work done, is there much work up there? Also i am a mechanic does this count towards 2nd year visa or will i have to do construction labouring? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

Neve been there myself, but to summarise Bill Bryson's experience...

the Territory's inhabitants shouldn't be able to take full part in national affairs until they get friendlier hotel staff in Darwin.. After a thoroughly unpleasant lodging experience in Darwin, Bill told the hotel clerk as they departed, that he would sooner have bowel surgery in the woods with a stick than return to the establishment. ("Excellent", the clerk responded, a trifle uncertainly.) Bryson's entire account of his disappointing stay in Darwin is a masterwork of hilarious, understated sarcasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ben10afc

Thanks ha, anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Mate of mine is just back from Darwin. He hated it. Nothing really to do he said.. Its stankin' hot as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

There's plenty people who think sydney is sh!te, so i guess you'll never know how you like any place until you go for yourself. Personally, i've not actually been to sydney, and i don't have any desire to either, so everyone's different. One of the lads i work with is moving to Darwin next week, and everyone i talk to says it's lovely, small, laid back, etc.. though hot and humid. They even have free waterparks, apparently. I'm quite sceptical about that myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ben10afc

Well its between adelaide and darwin, may have a job in adelaide waiting on word back, if not im just going to darwin, never heard a bad word about it really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement