Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Rush National School

Options
  • 12-02-2013 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭

Anyone got a clue of the 3 locations on Channal Road and Sundrive Road that the National School is moving to while they build the new school? I heard one was the Good Old Days Carpark.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Didn't hear that site at all. Would that site be big enough? The only one I had heard about was up the Park Road.

If it were to be on the Channel Rd there would need to be serious work done on traffic management. Both Daly's lane and Healy's lane are very narrow and cars exiting Healy's lane on to Whitestown rd would have serious problems. All the roads behind the Good old days are very narrow.

I still think its a runner up the Park Rd on left hand side before G.A.A or just across from Kenure Pk where in each location there is plenty of ground to do a proper job. You would also be within walking distance of Main st, and most of the new housing built over the last 10 years. There is a good approach to Kenure with decent footpaths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

LeoB wrote: »
    Didn't hear that site at all. Would that site be big enough? The only one I had heard about was up the Park Road.

If it were to be on the Channel Rd there would need to be serious work done on traffic management. Both Daly's lane and Healy's lane are very narrow and cars exiting Healy's lane on to Whitestown rd would have serious problems. All the roads behind the Good old days are very narrow.

I still think its a runner up the Park Rd on left hand side before G.A.A or just across from Kenure Pk where in each location there is plenty of ground to do a proper job. You would also be within walking distance of Main st, and most of the new housing built over the last 10 years. There is a good approach to Kenure with decent footpaths

That sounds like a LeoB scheme to finally get that Park Road upgraded after 30 years of trying.:D The existing location is central enough with the church and library. Unless the GAA wants to donate a mini bus or two to ferry the kids down!

I just was repeating what was in the letter I got in the door from Rush National School. Information Day tomorrow I think, will double check that. must pop in if I can. Edit 630-730 Feb 15th, not sure if its open to non residents of the area effected by the 3 sites.

Funny do that they weren't on the schools lists and suddenly they have an info day. They maybe just planning ahead to avoid objections or secured 3rd Party funding.

That sounds like a LeoB scheme to finally get that Park Road upgraded after 30 years of trying.:D
    There may be news on that soon enough.
    The existing location is central enough with the church and library. Unless the GAA wants to donate a mini bus or two to ferry the kids down!
    If it were between Woodbury and Tesco it would not be too far.
    I just was repeating what was in the letter I got in the door from Rush National School. Information Day tomorrow I think, will double check that. must pop in if I can.
    Funny do that they weren't on the schools lists and suddenly they have an info day. They maybe just planning ahead to avoid objections or secured 3rd Party funding.
    Just checked we didn't get that letter. However I did hear about 18months ago a new school was in the pipeline and the process had started of tendering, plans etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Good to hear, of course the speed ramps on the Channel Road must be due the yearly repair/upgrade in the next 6 months. They don't even work that well.
    If it were between Woodbury and Tesco it would not be too far.

Could work but everyone likes a school near them not beside them, and do those landowners want to sell? Also I know you voiced the idea of the school right beside the GAA to allow each other to share facilities.
    Just checked we didn't get that letter. However I did hear about 18months ago a new school was in the pipeline and the process had started of tendering, plans etc.

The Presentation may be just aimed at residents this side of town.

Good to hear, of course the speed ramps on the Channel Road must be due the yearly repair/upgrade in the next 6 months. They don't even work that well.

Could work but everyone likes a school near them not beside them, and do those landowners want to sell? Also I know you voiced the idea of the school right beside the GAA to allow each other to share facilities.

The Presentation may be just aimed at residents this side of town.

The idea of shared facilities is a good idea and I think its working well in Dublin 15?, Spatial planner done good work on this. I think where the school Gym becomes available to community groups from 6pm to 10pm each school evening. The new school would have playing fields and instead of building new dressing rooms they use the adjoining clubs.

Between Woodbury and Tesco would be good IF as you say the landowners agreed to sell. Its not to close to that many house. It would also increase footfall in Woods and if more people actually saw the state of the place they might take action to reclaim it for family use.

Thought the speed ramps on Channel Rd were repaired? Some are fairly big. Speaking to a few residents on South shore Rd they would be happy with speed ramps as there once quiet road is now a rat run for speeding cars.

• Advertisement
Advertisement