Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Motivation

• 12-02-2013 1:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭

I have mocks next week and I just can't get motivated. I haven't been able to study properly at all. I get distracted and end up doing something else or start daydreaming. Nothing seems to be going in either.

Anyone have any advice? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Don't post threads like this and go study ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Don't post threads like this and go study ? :)

I can't concentrate, I just end up re-reading notes again and again. It's not going in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Get a copy
    Write down what you are going to LEARN in the next hour
    Read and repeat it in your head constantly
    Reward yourself when you are able to give it back 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

Think about it like this : what do you want next year, then think again what do you want next year, then thik about it again and realise that your not going to be there next y]ear if you don't put the work in.

^^
    Yeah, that doesn't really work for me because I'm not particularly looking forward to college and am only going so I'll be employable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

Do exam paper questions would be my advice, but really I don't know how to get somebody else motivated. I mean, it's up to you really.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

i feel the exact same! cant get motivated at all..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

^^
    Yeah, that doesn't really work for me because I'm not particularly looking forward to college and am only going so I'll be employable.

Well with that attitude you're not really gonna get anywhere are you? You need to get focused. What do you want to do? What do you want to achieve? You need a clear plan in your head of what you want to achieve on a daily basis. Fail to plan, plan to fail. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I feel your pain... I'm not motivated in the slightest bit. But unlike you I really am looking forward to going to college even though I know at the moment I know I won't get the points because I'm not working

But if that isn't motivating me I don't know what will...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

omg im the same and i need like 525 points LOL

• Advertisement

yournerd wrote: »
    omg im the same and i need like 525 points LOL

Yeah, I need around the same as that. Aiming for about 500 in the mocks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Think of what you want your further future to be like -do you want a nice house, regular holidays, nice clothes.. you need to work hard to get those. With every bit of study you do imagine you're getting points like in a video game to get closer to your rewards.
    And tell yourself that after you do a certain amount of study (go by topics, not by time) you can relax for the night or get some type of reward -make your parents or someone else deny you this if you don't get the work done.
    Good luck in your mocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sunny.d

Finished my mocks now, I had same problem as you and I'm using my mocks as motivation. Knowing I didn't do my best and my results were affected because of this is hopefully going to push me to do my best in the actual leaving cert .

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fmurr34

Make a list of chapters and subjects you are having trouble with, and set goals on which ones you want done and when. Write your own notes, it will be much easier to study them instead of ones your teacher has given you.

What really helps motivate me is going to an environment meant for studying, such as the library or after-school study.
    I can not for the life of me study at home! >.<

And if they don't work, there's always repeat. I failed horribly last year because I wasn't motivated either. That gave me a really good kick to work this year, and my grades have gotten much better since.

Advertisement