Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sept school offers

• 12-02-2013 1:42am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭

how late do some schools make the offers?
    Despite putting my daughters name down for a school very early on we were too late and if we get an offer it is goin to be very very late.
    They prioritise siblings and there are only about 60 places and we only moved here when she was 11 months old so could only put her name down then.
    Anyway the school has 2nd or 3rd round offers out now and I am hoping loads of people turn down places but I know people are waiting on offers from other schools before they decline their places,the back up school is a good school but far away and we have a better chance but I have no idea when they make offers.
    I a loosing sleep over school places:(

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Rotten situation. It's so unfair when others don't let schools know they are not taking the places and then the first the school knows ,the child doesn't show on Sept. 1st .So, technically you could get an offer then. Can you ring the school and see where ye are on the list?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

41 with 1 place left but that keeps changing .
    Our main issue is it needs to be a gaelscoil .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Would you consider waiting a year to get the school you want . A lot of schools seem to be changing their policies to the older the child. I know it would be expensive but she's 4 right! Think of all the money you will save in petrol over the years if she's in a local school living beside other kids in the school. I had decided to do this if I didn't get the Gael scoil as She would get a place next year.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is very much 1st come 1st served after siblings.
    She has done 2 years in Naíonra and is an intelligent child,she is not a child that will thrive starting at 5 in fact the opposite may end up being the case.
    My other 2 are guaranteed a place if she gets ones.
    Hopefully she gets an offer from at least one of the schools then we could transfer her back if it was the further school.
    It is 5 minutes walk from the house and with 3 kids that is really handy and the naíonra is now based in the school too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I have my fingers crossed for you and hope you hear soon!

• Advertisement
Advertisement