Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obtaining a new whv via name change?

Options
  • 12-02-2013 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was in Australia in 2009 on a whv and broke my leg 3 months into my trip. After talking with immigration they said that I could cancel my visa as a result of my injury and that I could come back out again on a new working visa when it suited me. I have since contacted the embassy in London and they have no documents or information relating to my case on file, as far as they can see I've already used my visa and therefore not entitled to another one, even though when I contacted the immigration offices in Sydney when I broke my leg they said that I'd have no problems obtaining another 1 year visa as a note would be placed on my visa file. So now im stuck as I cant legally travel to Australia to work, only on a tourist visa. A friend of mine has said that I could change my name on my passport , as my name on my birth cert is different to that on my passport. And then just re-apply for a WHV under the new name. Just wondering if anyone knows any info on this and whether or not it would work? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement