Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Canada First Step Help

Options
  • 12-02-2013 6:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey y'all

I applied the day it opened, and got a kompass application a/c
    I just completed it there. ( i couldnt complete it earlier as Im starting employment here in canada today, and I wanted to say I was employed)

Anyway, I finished and validated all the pages, including my passport pages.
    When I saved and validated all the pages, it shut me out of my a/c.

Whne I go to log back in, I put in my password and that, but it then puts me straight through to this page...

http://www.international.gc.ca/experience/intro_incoming-intro_entrant.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

I'm pretty confused. Did I miss something? Is my application too late? ( Even though I got a kompass a/c no. the day it opened.

Any help is great lads!

( I don't even have money for a flight home if thats the case)

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

Hi there, how far did you go with your application when you got your Kompass account. To have a place you should have submitted your application and received a World Tracking Number (WTN) and then you should have paid the fee, submitted the proof of payment and either waiting to be verified or waiting to receive the Conditional Letter of Acceptance. If you didn't submit the application I don't think you have a place. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Delira

Hi colin
    You didn't actually need to have any employment to get this visa. If you paid before the 8th and have a WTN you'll be fine, otherwise not sure what to tell you. If worse comes to worse there are other options out there eg you could possible be eligible for a LMO. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

If you got your WTN number you're probably OK.

If not, you can probably forget about the IEC for this year and try alternative routes (if there is any)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Colin Hayle

Well balls. Looks like I'll be leaving my band, the part time course I'm doing and my girlfriend.

Or try and shnake a tourist visa off them for a while, hoping spots will open up later in the year.

Thanks for the help guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Delira

Sorry to hear that Colin :/ I've seen people chatting on facebook about the visitor visa that allows you to stay after your IEC runs out (but not work:( ). Apparently it's $75 and you can get it on the mycic website. If that info's any good to you... If you're in toronto, go down to the irish immigration centre at King and Yonge, they'll talk you through your options properly.

PS did somebody tell you that you needed to be in employment before you applied for your 2nd IEC?? Just curious as to why you waited to submit your stuff on kompass...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Colin Hayle

Well, I thought it would look better. But in the beginning, honestly, I misread the guidelines. I thought once a kompass a/c was set up, I could take my time applying.
    A huge mistake, that I will very much pay for. Everything happens for a reason and all that anyway.

I''ll look into that tourist visa anyway, thanks a mil Delira!

Advertisement