Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pancake Tommy - Children's Book

Options
  • 12-02-2013 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

For the day that is in it, can anyone remember a children's story called the above?

Apparently it's about a boy who eats so many pancakes, he turns into one.

My friend is insisting they had it as a kid but they can't find any info online. Does anyone remember it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jan46au

I'm trying to find this book for my daughter in law. Surely someone out there has heard of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Pigeon millers

I totally remember it. I can't find anything online either. It was in a story book with lots of other kids stories. Pancake tommy only ate pancakes so he didn't go to other kids parties. Then he went to the land of pancakes. He comes back from there sick of pancakes. He then starts to eat cakes etc and get invited to parties, happy ever after. That's what I can recall

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

I found a book with the story on abebooks. Link

Here's a google search of the ISBN with lots of links.

As you can see from here only the abebooks site makes mention of the Pancake Tommy story so it's not certain that this is the right book but it's the most that I could drag up using Google.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jan46au

Thank you so much for all the info you took the time to look for.
    I just bought a used copy for my daughter-in-law from one of the links you posted.
    I do hope it contains the story she remembers from her childhood. She will be sooo surprised. :)

Advertisement