Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental Accommodation Scheme problems

Options
  • 12-02-2013 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

hi,
    hope someone can give me a bit of advice,

i am a tenant on the rental accomodation scheme, i recieved my rent statement and it showed i was a few hundred euro in credit, when i rang the council regarding this money, they said the rent i have been paying was lower than it shud be and my rent had actually gone up....which they never informed me about,
    is it possible after them sendin a statement sayin i was owed money, for them to keep that money and make me pay arrears even though it was a fault on their part not mine.

please help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

credit means they owe you money ......

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cat2012

i know yeah but they reckon that i owe them, that they made a mistake and were paying my landlord less than wat they shud, so now they say they dont owe me anythin and that i owe them more in arrears

im not entitled to that money at all according to them

well the landlord is owed what is agreed so thats the first thing. You ultimately owe the landlord as you have the rental agreement with him.

weather you can claw that back or not is a different story. You need to sit down with your CWO and see what comes of that discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

D3PO wrote: »
    well the landlord is owed what is agreed so thats the first thing. You ultimately owe the landlord as you have the rental agreement with him.

weather you can claw that back or not is a different story. You need to sit down with your CWO and see what comes of that discussion
    Under RAS there's no CWO or DSP involvement. It's all handled by the council.

murphaph wrote: »
    Under RAS there's no CWO or DSP involvement. It's all handled by the council.

didnt know that thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement