Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Xbox 720 ship with a HDMI cable?

Options
  • 12-02-2013 11:22am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

As yáll know Microsoft STILL to this day do not ship a HDMI cable with the console :rolleyes: - which imo is flippin' stupid!....I mean, how much would it cost them?....20 cent?

I think with the next gen supporting spec 1.4a it is *essential* they ship a HDMI 1.4a cable as standard!

Next Xbox to ship with HDMI cable? 56 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    83% 47 votes
    I'll buy my own!
    16% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Nope, they should send them with component / composite combo cable as they used to. It won't stop you from getting full hd on hd telly bu HDMI would stop people with old telly's to get any display.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Its not as if they are expensive or hard to get. I'd much rather reuse my own cables rather than pay for a device which costs more due to included accesories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

They will ship with a HDMI cable people are price sensitive to silly things and surely a composite cable will be an expense to the buyer this time around.

They will ship with a HDMI cable people are price sensitive to silly things and surely a composite cable will be an expense to the buyer this time around.

Not everyone upgrades their tv every 2 years. One of my mates has full HD tv (1080p) with no HDMI.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,980 ✭✭✭✭listermint

docentore wrote: »
    Not everyone upgrades their tv every 2 years. One of my mates has full HD tv (1080p) with no HDMI.

Really? Sounds kinda dubious tbh. My first full HD i bought about 7 years ago and it had a single HDMI port.

A full 1080P with absolutely no HDMI at all sounds slightly on the made up side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

docentore wrote: »
    One of my mates has full HD tv (1080p) with no HDMI.

That would be the exception to the rule, and only to early adopters of 1080p screens. 99% of all 1080p displays out in the wild have at least one HDMI port.

Sure it's not a 720p/1080i display. Because I have never heard of a 1080p screen with no HDMI.

That would be the exception to the rule, and only to early adopters of 1080p screens. 99% of all 1080p displays out in the wild have at least one HDMI port.

Sure it's not a 720p/1080i display. Because I have never heard of a 1080p screen with no HDMI.

Well, I was surprised myself but it has only 2 component and vga input.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

They did ship hdmi cables I got one with an Xbox elite bout 5 years ago only used it when I got he tv lst year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I think they should, finding one bundled with the Wii U was a nice surprise. Most people have a HD tv these days, & non HD/no HDMI tv's would be the exception rather than the rule.

It won't add much, if anything noticeable at all, to the retail price of the console

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Yeah i think they should - a good quality one as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

listermint wrote: »
    Really? Sounds kinda dubious tbh. My first full HD i bought about 7 years ago and it had a single HDMI port.

A full 1080P with absolutely no HDMI at all sounds slightly on the made up side.

There's a 32" one at my parents place with no HDMI 3 years old, it does have a DVI connection though, and is a cheap no name brand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TheFense

Ha, Did not notice this with my s, however like gotthebug I got one with an elite. Seems a bit rough not to include...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

My Elite shipped with a HDMI cable and also composite cable and also another connection which connects in component/composite connection so you can use optical sound while using HDMI cable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I'll vote yes if we can stop calling it the 720 - I cringe every time I hear the name

• Registered Users Posts: 23,540 ✭✭✭✭ted1

listermint wrote: »

The only hd it can display would be saor view as that is the only way of getting hd content

calex71 wrote: »
    There's a 32" one at my parents place with no HDMI 3 years old, it does have a DVI connection though, and is a cheap no name brand :D

How long did the person they bought it off on donedeal have it for? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Will the new system even have a component port? I mean, it's starting to become out-dated at this stage, surely they'll want it to be the secondary option, if even an option at all. I would imagine the HDMI cable will be the only Visual/audio cable included out of the box. The way I see it, and the way Microsoft probably see it is, if you're buying a brand new system (Which will probably be pretty expensive) you probably are going to use a HDMI

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

My first HD TV also did not have a HDMI port, it was pretty common back then. Component is capable of displaying HD pictures (I still use it on my Xbox, though my current TV has HDMI).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    Yeah i think they should - a good quality one as well.

Read This

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

ted1 wrote: »
    The only hd it can display would be saor view as that is the only way of getting hd content
    Couldn't do that either because MPEG 4 digital tuners weren't around back then!
    So it must have a component input and possibly VGA also, they could both provide 1080p, but it's still surprising that a TV like that exists, given that most HD TV's back in the early days were 720p and even many large LCD's were even only SD!

• Advertisement
Advertisement