Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I download MS word free trial- cracked version of Windows

Options
  • 12-02-2013 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

I stupidly bought a reconditioned laptop as I was too broke to splash out for a new one.. I regret it now. The laptop came with a cracked version of Windows. I would have paid for it if I had known... Aaaannnyway I need to use Microsoft Word asap & I was thinking of downloading the free trial... Does anyone know if I would be able??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

install ubuntu and then use open office

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Or just put open office on your existing windows OS.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭kaisersoze

There is also a free open office for windows based machines

http://www.openoffice.org/download/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Thanks all for the advice.. I am in the middle of downloading Open Office..
    I hope it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭kaisersoze

It will work alright.

The other problem you are likely to have is some patches and fixes further down the line will check for legitimate version of windows.

like the previous poster said, I would take his advice and put something like Ubunto or Mint on and that will should make pc perform better too as no requirement for AV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

I stupidly bought a reconditioned laptop as I was too broke to splash out for a new one.. I regret it now. The laptop came with a cracked version of Windows. I would have paid for it if I had known... Aaaannnyway I need to use Microsoft Word asap & I was thinking of downloading the free trial... Does anyone know if I would be able??
    If all else fails, use Google Docs - it's free and you can save your files as all the popular formats.

https://docs.google.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

You might be able to get a trial version of Office 2013, have a look on Office.com, where, if you log in, you can use the Office web apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

If you bought it privately not a lot you can do but if you bought it from a shop of some sort report it to Microsoft.

Advertisement