Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30th Birthday Venue Help

Options
  • 12-02-2013 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

Hi all help is needed.

I had booked a venue for my friends surprise 30th birthday mid January-party is start of March. Everything was sorted and I popped over the other day to confirm prices for finger food only to be told they double booked and can't take us.
    I'm absolutely raging with them-it took for me to call in to be told it was double booked but I have to put that aside for now and book somewhere asap!!

I've rang around a good few places-Clarendon Bar, Grafton Lounge, Dakota etc and these places can either not take us or not suitable (I've been told by the boyf).

Can anyone suggest a classy/fancy late bar in town or the outskirts that would be suitable, or where to rent a room etc? My knowledge of where is "cool" to go out in town is zero thanks to my two little girls:P

Thanks a mill!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭salutations

D2 have a room downstairs beside the club you can book with its own bar, you can play your own music or just have the music piped in from the club. Its €250 I think and they do finger food. Was at a 30th there recently, was an excellent place, for a crowd of about 50-100 its ideal.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Against the Grain, have a room you can hire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

workmans club have a savage little room and its free to hire.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,976 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Was at a 21st here recently and I have to say was very impressed with the layout of the room upstairs. segregated into 3 areas, decent size dancefloor section sitting type area like a decent size lounge and then a standing sitting area at the bar.

http://www.thegrillroom.ie/index.php

no idea on prices as it was my younger brothers girlfriend but i thought it would be ideal for a 30th party.

Oh and these areas were all private upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Thanks everyone for the suggestions-we just booked McGrattons, Baggot Street! Phew:)

I've never been but i've heard good reviews.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement