Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

System Shock franchise coming to GOG

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

odd? have you ever heard of gog before? this is what they do and this has been their most requested game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭KilOit

odd? have you ever heard of gog before? this is what they do and this has been their most requested game

Oh. i have heard of it but wasn't really sure what it was all about, thought it was just another digital distribution service like Steam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

they do some newer games these days. it's a sister company of the guys that made the witcher and witcher 2. their main business is fixing up classic games to work on modern pc's and releasing them without any drm. have a look through their site, if you don't see at least one game there you want to play you're basically dead inside.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm currently enjoying a replay of Neverwinter Nights from them... (It always struck me as sounding like some trashy spin off series from a soapy drama... "During they day they're investment brokers, but this...is Neverwinter Nights" *bowmchikkawaowaoooo*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I quite like the look of the game as is - yeah it's 'of its time' but that's the way it was made. The look is not without its very distinctive charms. A texture pack I can understand, but a character model
    mod would definitely take something away. It's like the colourisation of black & white film - something is undoubtedly lost in the process.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

KilOit wrote: »
    Odd to re-release this game, saying that it's one of my most memorable gaming experiences ever but it had it's day.

Funny really that you should say that as I play through it for the umpteenth time it remains a fantastic game to this day imo. and something this good can never have it's day. It's still difficult even at normal in terms of the rarity of ammo, not being able to max. every skill a la elder scrolls and juggling items in your inventory. Enjoying it as much as I did the first time I played it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

KilOit wrote: »
    Odd to re-release this game, saying that it's one of my most memorable gaming experiences ever but it had it's day.
    Didn't read too much into it but does it have anything to do with the release of Bioshock Infinite? was Ken Levine involved in the re-release?
    It certainly hasn't had it's day! I've had it installed constantly for the last 13 years and not only was it massively ahead of it's time then, it still has features many games could learn from today. Who cares about Bioshock Infinite. Hopefully this release (and the Steam one if it happens) will be a massive success and somebody somewhere, with the right influence, will cop on that SS3 needs to be made.

Advertisement