Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stoneybatter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

lukesmom wrote: »
    That's unfair.
    I simply questioned why she wasn't asked.

It was the manner in which you said it. "It's not hard to ask for a veggie menu is it?" Maybe you didn't intend it to do so but it came across as very defensive and dismissive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Dandelion6 wrote: »

It was the manner in which you said it. "It's not hard to ask for a veggie menu is it?" Maybe you didn't intend it to do so but it came across as very defensive and dismissive.

Well I apologise for that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

lukesmom wrote: »
    Well I apologise for that.

Also i asked for a veggie menu and i was told it would be madness to have a seperate vegetarin menu. There is one vegetarian dish on the main courses.

We wont be going there but i wish the lady the best of luck with her venture

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Ah Thanks Twee - I have passed this place a few times late at night, early in morning and was wondering what it was exactly - its not there too long is it?

Edit - looked at menu - looks like a great spot for lunch, brunch and dinner

Nah it's only there a few months! Have had the breakfast, burger and steak sambo so far and all have been delicious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Well it's been a few weeks, anyone pay a visit to Soulful yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I was there on Paddies day Food was delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

I was in last week for brunch and it was lovely. Possibly the nicest hollandaise sauce I've had in a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

cosmic wrote: »
    I knew it as 'egg in a cup' when i was growing up. My OH calls it guggy egg though and I've started to now too.

Boil and egg (or two), de-shell, put it into a cup, add butter (only the real kind counts!) and loads of white pepper and mush it all about.
    Serve with soldiers
    :)
    I remember that,it looks disgusting

But tastes Divine:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

John Mason wrote: »
    I make the effort to go another place in stoneybatter, as i know the veggie food is excellent.

John Mason would love to know where that other place is? I'm not veggie but I do like to try good veggie food when I get the chance.

• Advertisement

hollypink wrote: »
    John Mason would love to know where that other place is? I'm not veggie but I do like to try good veggie food when I get the chance.

L. Mulligan Grocer, has superb vegetarian food.

their scotch egg is to die for, and words cannot describe their nut roast

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

L. Mulligan Grocer, has superb vegetarian food.

their scotch egg is to die for, and words cannot describe their nut roast

What's the food like as a whole there?

Slattsy wrote: »
    What's the food like as a whole there?

the food is absolutely devine.

i would eat there every day if possible

the food is absolutely devine.

i would eat there every day if possible

Really? Jeez wouldn't have thought that. I'm only on the Navan Rd about 2 years but would have passed it most days. Always thought bar Walshes that those pubs were ones to avoid.

Really? Jeez wouldn't have thought that. I'm only on the Navan Rd about 2 years but would have passed it most days. Always thought bar Walshes that those pubs were ones to avoid.

Nah, Mulligan's was taken over a few years ago, and is one the premier craft beer pubs in Dublin.

all the food is locally sourced and produced.

If you are going for food a the weekend you should book a table.

they have a sister pub on Dorset Street, called M.J. Kavanaghs.

Nah, Mulligan's was taken over a few years ago, and is one the premier craft beer pubs in Dublin.

Interesting.
    What's the clientele like just for a few pints?

Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Young to middle aged professionals interested in craft beer, good food and good whiskey. It's generally a nice crowd, but can get a bit too packed. All in all though, it's a great spot.

Interesting.

late 20's, early 30's professionals, friendly, causal, who have an interest in real beer, whiskey and food

No toe-rags then !!
    Will definately have to give that place a try, might find it hard to top Walshes but i'll pay a visit :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

No toe-rags then !!
    Will definately have to give that place a try, might find it hard to top Walshes but i'll pay a visit :D

L. Mulligan is definitely worth a try, it's always packed though - The Glimmerman is the only dodgy pub on that strip.

I thought Tommy's was a bit iffy..

Might pop in on the way home from work some evening and get some grub actually and see what crafts they have. (may not leave) :P

Love Mulligans. It does be jammed on the weekends though, so if you're getting food you need to book ahead a few days. Last time we were there on a Friday, the service was a little slow but we weren't in a rush so that didn't bother us! Food was delicious from start to finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I thought Tommy's was a bit iffy..

Might pop in on the way home from work some evening and get some grub actually and see what crafts they have. (may not leave) :P

Tommy's is alright except for that giant illuminated Bertie Ahern photo by the bar (I'm assuming it's still there) :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

stoneys which was on manor street next to mulligans and the centra could be a little dodgy at times -closed down now

Would you need to make a reservation for dinner in Mulligan's during the week?

You'd probably be fine Mon-Wed, but if you know what day you'd like to go try book ahead.

Might pop in for a pint tomorrow and suss the place out. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Went down to Soulful...finally

The food was nice but we found to hard to choose something we wanted.
    We skipped starters and settled on the stew followed by apple crumble and ice cream.
    Service was good but a little slow, the owner very friendly which was nice.

Looking at other plates, the burger looked nice but someone else had to send their food back as it was undercooked. This was surprising as it was quiet and I cant imagine the chef was under pressure to get food out.

i was surprised to see 2 salads on a limited menu and the vegetarian was a veggie burger. Not what we expected. Left us with a choice of fish and chips, lasagne, burger, stew or a steak or roast chicken.

On the deserts, I had the apple crumble, too much custard on the plate but it was nice and the ice cream was good too.

My wife suggested we leave and go to Seven but we stayed and I'm glad we did. What we got was good.

If anyone wants a nice wine. I had a glass of malbec....really nice :)

Would we go back for dinner ? .....not sure!!..maybe lunch next time.

Its early days and there's room for improvement with the menu. An early bird wouldn't go amiss either. Bills still need to be paid even if its empty.

• Advertisement

What's the Brunch like have not had one since NY.

Advertisement