Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stoneybatter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Put the handbags away.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Slattsy wrote: »
    Nope :)

Hey you too Get a Room:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Hootanany wrote: »
    Hey you too Get a Room:D

I don't swing that way :-)

I'm also going to actively campaign Mulligan's to get a TV in and show every match from around the world and encourage all the hooligans in lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Just got the Soul Ful bistro flyer in the door obviously trying to drum up a bit of business.

Whats wrong with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

nudger wrote: »
    Just got the Soul Ful bistro flyer in the door obviously trying to drum up a bit of business.

Fair play to them. It's great to see people getting up off their behinds and achieving their goals.

Whats wrong with that.

Absolutely nothing.

lukesmom wrote: »
    Fair play to them. It's great to see people getting up off their behinds and achieving their goals.

That's the way I meant it and to let them know that the flyers are getting delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Mr Whirly wrote: »
    I heard the Voodoo was reopening so I'd imagine it's that site.

Nope, it's the far end of Ellis Quay it used to be called McAodhans?

Oh and the reason I hate Mulligans is the wankery of it. And no Guinness!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Any bar in Stonybatter with no Guinness should be dragged by the hair to the court of human rights in the Hague. Loved Walsh's on a Friday night - pints, chat.

• Advertisement

nudger wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing.

I might hit there on Saturday or should I do the brunch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

I had Guinness in mulligans last week.

Not mad about the place itself though. Where so all them poseurs come from? They must get out of the cab and run directly into the pub. Not exactly your usual Stoneybatter citizen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Stoneybatter is hipster central these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

What the jaysis is "wankery" about Mulligan's?

I'm genuinely baffled here - I'm no "hipster" - I'm a man in my 30s from Coolock, living in Finglas. I couldn't even think about wearing skinny jeans. And I don't even wear glasses!

They do absolutely delicious food, and offer a great range of beers, seriously, those of you who think "Guinness" is some kind of pinnacle of alchoholic drinks need to widen your horizons just a little, teeny bit.

What the jaysis is "wankery" about Mulligan's?

I'm genuinely baffled here - I'm no "hipster" - I'm a man in my 30s from Coolock, living in Finglas. I couldn't even think about wearing skinny jeans. And I don't even wear glasses!

They do absolutely delicious food, and offer a great range of beers, seriously, those of you who think "Guinness" is some kind of pinnacle of alcoholic drinks need to widen your horizons just a little, teeny bit.

The food is overrated pub grub, I have had very similar meals in pubs for less and the staff are really slow! Every time I am in there, our drinks arrive after we get our food despite ordering them a good ten minutes.

And I am no stranger to experimenting with different beers, wines, cocktails whatever - I just happen to enjoy a proper pint of Guinness.

But my main problem with Mulligans is that it just feels too formal for a pub, I always feel like I am in a restaurant taking up a table if I stay there more than an hour and I just don't like the atmosphere.

Doesn't sound too good to be honest:confused:

Lots of people love it, it's just my preference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Mulligans?

For me, its the best pub in Stoneybatter and I would disagree with everything Lux23 had to say bar the food being slow. It is. Never had to wait until after my food to get my drink. The food is, imo, well above normal pub grub and I enjoy the fact that there is a range of pints other then the usual boring choice that you get in every pub.

Well they do well, so I am in the minority - I like their chips and that's about it. I also couldn't imagine having a night out in it. But as I said most people disagree with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

I'd be another! :) Love everything about the place!

• Advertisement

That's grand though lads! It just means you're 'the type' of people you'd find in Mulligans. All im saying is youse arent usually 'the type' of people you'd see on any given moment in stoneybatter, is all. Hiding up in the terraced houses on the west side of manor st towards the park, yeah maybe but living and working in stoneybatter/manor street? Hardly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

david75 wrote: »
    Not mad about the place itself though. Where so all them poseurs come from? They must get out of the cab and run directly into the pub. Not exactly your usual Stoneybatter citizen.

The lawyers have discovered it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Reprazant, take a day off

I don't know, after say Portobello and parts of Dublin 6 - Stoneybatter is probably the hipsterish place in Dublin. I always think it's a very diverse neighbourhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Lux23 wrote: »
    I don't know, after say Portobello and parts of Dublin 6 - Stoneybatter is probably the hipsterish place in Dublin. I always think it's a very diverse neighbourhood.

is Portobello hipsterish?

liffeylite wrote: »
    is Portobello hipsterish?

Very much so.

But it's full off Take aways.

New chipper opening up on the batter(haha) this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

In Stoneybatter or Stonnybatter??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

its stoneybatter . a translation of stoney road as that was what it was made of.

If memory serves, it was one of the main roads into Dublin.

Advertisement