Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Hub Issue

• 12-02-2013 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Got Sky Broadband up and running since last Monday...lost the Broadband on Thursday and have been onto them since......today they said it might be the Hub at fault....(but i am not so sure) they are sending out a new one....anyway does anyway one know they Sky Broadband settings....as i am going to try and use my old eircom router...ie..IP Address .....default gateway....First DNS and secondry DNS..........Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

efc67 wrote: »
    Got Sky Broadband up and running since last Monday...lost the Broadband on Thursday and have been onto them since......today they said it might be the Hub at fault....(but i am not so sure) they are sending out a new one....anyway does anyway one know they Sky Broadband settings....as i am going to try and use my old eircom router...ie..IP Address .....default gateway....First DNS and secondry DNS..........Cheers

you won't be able to use another router as sky's authentication details are hidden (there are ways to get them tho ;))
    you will be auto assigned an IP & you can't change the dns servers in the hub either (you can change them in the network connection settings on the pc)

I know you mentioned it WAS working but it's not now so you could try this :

firstly, has the hub got sync?
    maybe try resetting it first (see the manual)???

click maintainence at the top ..

[in case you need them: user=admin, pass=sky]

under Broadband Setup > Router Status > Modem ..

do you have figures for downstream & upstream?

if not disconnect ALL devices from your phone line & connect router to the MAIN socket without the filter
    powerup & check for sync
    if you get sync you should get connected as there are no settings to configure in the hub

if no sync, check with the eircom router as per above.
    does the DSL light come on & stay on?

FYI - if you DO get sync with the hub when at the master socket but not on another socket ...

connect the router back where you had it with a filter,
    plug in all the other devices one by one to see which causes the router to lose sync

make sure all devices connected to the line are filtered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,569 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

My Sky hub refuses to see my new Synology NAS over ethernet so I connected the phone line back into my old Vodafone router without any configuration and it works fine - same speeds etc. Can see my NAS too!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭efc67

All sorted now.......although they had given me the 4th for the switch over date and we had broadband through Sky, it was the 11th , when the switch over occurred .............when i built my house 3 years ago, Eircom told me i was right at the end of the exchange, and my max speed would be 1mb...(Yes 1mb).......although in the 3 years i never got over 0.8mb....................Done a speed test last night, 3.2mb...happy days

Advertisement