Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Valentine's, fall in love with your home again, via Electric Ireland Quick Quote

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

My first Valentine's day with my now husband I walked out of college after a long and miserable lab - standing in the rain waiting for me with a single rose was my lovely other half! Was mortified as all my friends were there but it was so lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭xxXCuteypieXxx

My favorite valentines day was the one just gone, my fiance and I had a lovely night away together in Galway and went for a romantic candlelit dinner in one of the restaurants near Dominick St. It was the first time we ever went away together and we've been together almost 4 years. It was very special and of course I was treated to the obligatory flowers and chocolates! We have promised each other we will do it all again soon so a Raddisson Blu voucher would be a very nice prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I used to always get a cheesecake from my ex and it was sexy!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Marioda

When I was 15  I got a really smutty card . It had all explicit drawings on it & was really offensive. I used Tipex  on it before I showed it to my mum.  I was really shocked by it. Can you imagine the shock I got when I found out it was from my then  boyfriend.  Needless to say once I knew what was really in his head he wasnt around much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

A boy in primary school gave me a card with his 'last Rolo' in it. He had chewed it and then sellotaped it to the card. Nice one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

My favourite Valentine was the year my husband and I decided to buy a tree instead of flowers and sweets. We went to the garden center and picked out a plum tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shivie

Every Valentines Electric with my hubby!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

Each year we celebrate Valentines towards another great year togrther

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

I still get my mysterious valentines day card in the post... from the same person every year.... No post stamp and doesn't arrive with the main post. One day I will find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

Getting my first card at 8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

This valentines, by far. My partner is gone from the country since early November till may so I wasn't expecting anything maybe a card in the post... knock came to the door with a specialized delivery of amazing gifts on valentines day. I'll never forget it! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

When I was about 11 I thought it would be a great idea to post a card to the cute boy next door, complete with Rolo Caramel Egg (which most likely ended up smeared all over the inside of the card!), even plucked up the courage to sign my name....silly, silly girl. Over 20 years later and he still can't look me in the face! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ki

I don't really remember anything....

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭dextero

A very long time ago, my boyfriend had told me during a drunken chat one night that he had never received a valentines card. Being a silly teenage girl I was shocked by this, I thought he was the bees knees. When Valentines day came around a few months later, I sent him 6 anonymous cards in the post all with different handwriting. Of course I turned up with my own one for him too. I am not sure how long it took him to twig it was me, but none the less he certainly enjoyed the attention. He is now my hubby btw (-:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Ok folks, we have a winner. There can only be one, and the winner (as per terms and conditions) is chosen randomly - if you're not in, you can't win. And thanks folks for some really lovely and sometimes hilarious :D posts.

The winner is... Grahamb23! Congratulations Graham - sending you a message now...

And keep an eye on our page for more great competitions throughout 2013!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement