Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any idea's for a business name?

Options
  • 12-02-2013 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

First of all i have noticed a lot of these types of threads lately so i would like to apologise to the people it annoys the he'll out off, but i have noticed good catchy names being generated.
    My hobby is gradually gathering interest and i would like to register a business name but i want to get it right and i am stuck for idea's,my hobby combines my two passions in life food and woodwork, to put it simply i make hardwood chopping boards!
    Any Idea's would be great.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Sit down and write a list of any words that you think might describe:

you
    your business
    your product
    your market

As many words as you can no matter how far fetched they may initially be.

Get a thesaurus and lookup all of those words to find the synonyms, add these to your list.

Get your family/friends to do the same.

Combine some of these words, mix them up, add ify, ing, ise etc etc etc.

Throw them all onto post it notes, stick them to a wall. Mix and match them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

chip chops

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Bizzy Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bizzyb

Graham wrote: »
    Sit down and write a list of any words that you think might describe:

you
    your business
    your product
    your market

As many words as you can no matter how far fetched they may initially be.

Get a thesaurus and lookup all of those words to find the synonyms, add these to your list.

Get your family/friends to do the same.

Combine some of these words, mix them up, add ify, ing, ise etc etc etc.

Throw them all onto post it notes, stick them to a wall. Mix and match them all.
    Good information there Graham,thank you.
    The only name i have come up with( but have not bounced of others) is "The Kitchen Tree" it doesn't limit me to just chopping boards in future i good go into areas like cheese boards,serving platters,wooden utensils etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Inter Slice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

A slice of life....

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭preytec

hi there, i like "chip chops" it's funny, but my gf who has her own business said that "a slice of life " is brilliant, it's catchy but not gimmicky and for hand made kitchen items it's perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭buzzwell

iWood

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

The Kitchen Knot Company.

Knot Kraft,

Kitchen Knot Craft. (Craft with a K might be one K to many)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

TopChops

Prefix adds the tone of a superior product, there is a reference to the product ans then its snappy enough for a website that's easy to remember.. www.topchops.ie

No charge this time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭bgo1

I think your own suggestion of The Kitchen Tree sounds the best, not gimmicky, sounds wholesome in a random way, its your own idea which is always satisfying and as you say doesnt limit you to chopping boards.

However it would mean youl have to work harder to get the name out there if someone is just looking for a chopping board in an engine search. Maybe register choppingboard.ie as well as suggested in case T.K.T it has to be given the chop at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Try boards.ie as your business name.. Just have a check online to make sure that the address isn't already taken. Seriously though - you are appealing to homemakers mostly- your name doesn't have to be catchy, just figure out what your niche is and go from there... I.e. Are you appealing to the gift market? "Irish traditional handmade etc." or are you going more for the actual end user "practical value quality"?

Your target market will very much so determine what your name should be and who it will be designed to appeal to.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,975 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Slice & Dice

Chopsticks
    Block of Sense
    Chop Suey
    I like this one "The Kitchen Knot Company. "

• Registered Users Posts: 51,975 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Austerity Boards. "You can cut anything on these".

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mmclo

trad wrote: »

Sponsored by boards.ie :)

Advertisement