Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal V Bayern Munich

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

jive wrote: »

Really? This Bayern team are probably the second best team in Europe right now, IMO. They're without doubt ahead of City. Having said that, they won't be as comfortable against Arsenal as people are suggesting. I fancy them to draw tonight and win at home, though.
    Yeah, I don't think this Bayern squad are quite as good as serious as people are making out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't think this Bayern squad are quite as good as serious as people are making out.

Then you don't know them.
    Seriously, compare their players with Arsenal's squad.

I think Arsenal will be up for this game, but Bayern to win rather comfortably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Arsenal to score first but lose 1-2 ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

does anyone know if there will be a minute silence for the 9th year anniversary of the invincibles?

I know it should be next year but we might not be in the competition then.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Have to say, as a neutral, looking forward to this match. Everyone seems to have a different idea of hat way it's going to turn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Oranage2 wrote: »
    does anyone know if there will be a minute silence for the 9th year anniversary of the invincibles?

I know it should be next year but we might not be in the competition then.
    23922287.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Arsenal 4-1. Superior league with Bayern playing far inferior opposition to Arsenal week-in, week-out plus Arsenal have only lost 2 of their 17 home CL games. Podolski to net two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Superior league with Bayern playing far inferior opposition to Arsenal week-in, week-out .....

Did you renew your Sky sub recently ? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I actually think we'll do ok tonight. Score draw.

And then get sodomised in the away game.

• Advertisement

Over 2.5 goals is the bet I reckon.

Jelle1880 wrote: »

Then you don't know them.
    Seriously, compare their players with Arsenal's squad.

I think Arsenal will be up for this game, but Bayern to win rather comfortably.
    I only went to see them like 3 weeks ago, but yeah I don't know them. Bayern are a better team than Arsenal but not enough to be massive favourites in Arsenal's own back yard. As I said previously, I expect Bayern not to win tonight, but to go through over the 2 legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

I would be more optimistic of Arsenal getting a result tonight if they were able to field a first choice back line. Would love to see them win, but fear they may be mauled. Hope I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Going to go with 2-1 to Arsenal tonight, I'll say 4-3 on aggregate to Bayern though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Cazorla, Wilshere and Podolski to step it up and Arsenal win. The odds on Arsenal are very generous considering they are at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Put a 5er on Arsenal to win at 3-2, 33/1 odds. Come on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    I would be more optimistic of Arsenal getting a result tonight if they were able to field a first choice back line. Would love to see them win, but fear they may be mauled. Hope I'm wrong.

Hopefully should be pretty much first choice except at left back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

If this goes to form then Arsenal fans are going to be bitterly disappointed. This tie could be over before the second leg. Bayern threw away the league and should have won the champions league last year. They are already 15 points clear of Dortmund this season and have a better squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hopefully should be pretty much first choice except at left back.
    Is Monreal out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

eagle eye wrote: »
    Is Monreal out?

Cuptied

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

recyclebin wrote: »
    If this goes to form then Arsenal fans are going to be bitterly disappointed. This tie could be over before the second leg. Bayern threw away the league and should have won the champions league last year. They are already 15 points clear of Dortmund this season and have a better squad.

Yeah but they didnt win their league or the champions league last season, choking, which is what Bayern did (as Arsenal have done in the past), is hardly a good trait to have in a side. Fair enough they are strong favorites to progress over the two legs, but the tie definitely wont be over after the first leg. Only two teams have beaten Arsenal at the Emirates in the champions league (Man Utd and Schalke) so its obviously not that easy of a venue to play in for an away side.

I still think that Bayern will edge us out over the two legs, but dont see it being this landslide which a lot of posters are predicting. Obviously my main concern is the left-back position which will probably be filled in by Vermaelen. This hinders us defensively and offensively down that side which could be key, seeing how thats a strength of Bayern Munich.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

maximoose wrote: »
    Cuptied
    Thats a pretty big loss. Forgot about that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Frisbee wrote: »
    I actually think we'll do ok tonight. Score draw.

And then get sodomised in the away game.

This is what I think will happen. 1-1 and then 2-0/3-0 Munich in the 2nd leg. Can't see any chance of Munich winning by anything more than a goal tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Happy enough with the team, does it mean Ramsey on the right with Theo up front?

Arsenal team:

Chez
    Sagna, Mert, Vermaelen, Kos
    Ramsey, Arteta, Wilshere, Cazorla, Podolski
    Walcott

Apparently it is Podolski up front with Walcott on the wing. Santi on the left wing then.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Bayern Team - Neuer ; Lahm, Van Buyten, Dante, Alaba ; Javi Martinez, Schweinsteiger ; Muller, Kroos, Ribery ; Mandzukic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

It better be Cazorla out wide. If Wenger decides to push on with the 'turn Ramsey into a winger' project tonight than I'll have lost all faith.

Frisbee wrote: »
    It better be Cazorla out wide. If Wenger decides to push on with the 'turn Ramsey into a winger' project tonight than I'll have lost all faith.

Ive a bad feeling that Ramsey will be put out wide left, to try and protect Vermaelen. Wenger probably worried about Ribery exposing Verm. Hate watching Ramsey out on the wings, is depressing stuff. Sick of square peg round holes crap.

According to the official team sheet it has Walcott up top, with Podolski out left and Ramsey out wide right. Obviously its flexible but really hate Ramsey being played out of position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

According to the official team sheet it has Walcott up top, with Podolski out left and Ramsey out wide right. Obviously its flexible but really hate Ramsey being played out of position.

Yeah I really don't like that. Ramsey is far better in the middle.

http://twitpic.com/c55o2q

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Jack the lad first goal 20-1... Have a funny he will pop up for a goal, 2-1 Arsenal is my prediction. Score draw in 2nd leg with Arsenal going through..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Jack the lad first goal 20-1... Have a funny he will pop up for a goal, 2-1 Arsenal is my prediction. Score draw in 2nd leg with Arsenal going through..

That's the sort of optimism I like. :)

Come on the Gunners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

150-1 Mr. Power.. Sure why not, I might even get rewarded for my blind optimism!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Cant believe Bayern have only conceded 7 goals in the league this season. Amazing stat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

joe123 wrote: »
    Cant believe Bayern have only conceded 7 goals in the league this season. Amazing stat.

If it were English team people would be saying how poor PL is now.

It is impressive IMO too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

joe123 wrote: »

We will score 2 against them tonight.
    All out attack from the kick-off.
    Come on you Gunners.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Hope we witness an Arsenal renaissance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

`Why do they put refs from ****ty leagues that can't handle big games into games of such importance?

Already I want Ramsey off. :pac:

• Advertisement

Poor from Cazorla, should have been 1-0.

Can't get over the feeling Giroud would have been a far better choice than Ramsey.

Vermaelen really is a liability.

What is it with Vermaelen not reading the ball properly lately? Heart stops every time the ball goes near him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Did Walcott just take the ball off Jack's foot and lose it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

great strike!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Oh well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

What a hit

Pathetic defending. Truly pathetic.

Mickey Mouse defending.

Shocking defending.