Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Of Ireland Lodgments

Options
  • 12-02-2013 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Has anyone else found BOI impossible to deal with when it comes to lodging money and wanting a narrative on the lodgement slip????They just dont want to do it anymore,I also encountered the most rude lady working in the Bank that didnt even want to accept my lodgement slip and wanted me to get the third party that I lodge money too to get a lodgement book on their behalf and ldge that way.Anyone else having problems like this ??????:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mr j tayto

southwest1 wrote: »
    Has anyone else found BOI impossible to deal with when it comes to lodging money and wanting a narrative on the lodgement slip????They just dont want to do it anymore,I also encountered the most rude lady working in the Bank that didnt even want to accept my lodgement slip and wanted me to get the third party that I lodge money too to get a lodgement book on their behalf and ldge that way.Anyone else having problems like this ??????
    Had the same problem when i asked the cashier at my local branch to add a narrative to a recent lodgement, as i had done on numerous occasions before,  i was told in a very surly manner that "we don't do that anymore". This caused me problems because although  i was the one making the lodgement the account is not mine.

Seems to be BOi policy to try to keep customers out of the branch network at all costs before they cease counter services altogether. Reckon Aib are no different, banks are not interested in providing personal services to customers , rather they want to automate all transactions by making the customers do all the leg work.
    Some people would call it progress!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi southwest1

Thanks for posting.

Apologies if you feel a staff member was rude.
    There’s no room for rudeness by any member of Bank of Ireland staff.

Since October 2012, the practice of having a narrative on in-branch lodgements finished. It is possible to include narratives on lodgements via self-service options such as online or mobile banking but not in-branch. Other options might include setting up a Standing Order or Direct Debit which allow for narratives to be included.

Thanks
    Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Duberlin Chick

Can I ask why this practice ceased Billy? Wouldn't consider it very time consuming for BOI?

Hi Duberlin Chick,

Thanks for posting.

It wasn't that it was time consuming, there was a decsion taken to remove some over-the- counter services that are now more freely available through self-service options.

We're aware that some people are frustrated with the changes, however in these cases there are more alternatives available - for example lodgements ATM's, Online/Telephone banking and the mobile app.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 6 southwest1

Thank you for your reply Billy,as with the customer above i am lodging to a third party account and had no problems doing that before and didnt have to deal with any rude staff as i always used to express lodge the money but since last year they have taken that facility of the branch in my town,yet again more inconvienience.Not good enough

• Advertisement

Hi southwest1,

If you are registered for our online banking, you can register and make the payments without having to take time out and visit the branch.  

If the third party account is with BOI, the transfer will reach the destination on the same day.

Also, if you are an iPhone user, you can transfer money to any registered Bank of Ireland account, using just a mobile phone number. This service will also be rolled out to Android users soon. Details on Pay to Mobile can be found here

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mr j tayto

[url defaultattr=http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u="542762"]Bank of Ireland: Billy[/url]

542762.gifBilly, surely it is not a huge effort on the bank's behalf to add one line of narrative on a statement. In my case as stated, the account i was lodging to was not my own, yet despite this, i am accountable for all monies lodged to, and distributed from same, insofar as i need to show other parties, through bank statements, where the money came from and went to.
     I see this as yet another inconvenience to Boi customers.

Hi mr j tayto,

Thanks for your post.

I can understand the importance of narratives on statements for the reasons you mentioned. Although the service is no longer available at the counter in branches, there are a number of viable alternatives available.

Can I also just mention, if you are debiting a business account, you could speak to a business advisor/relationship manager in your branch that may be able to help.

Thanks

Billy

I already left BOI as a customer due to staff rudeness and bank with AIB all I want to do is lodge to a BoI account say 3 times a month and do not want to do it online ,You dont really considre what your customers want and are very user unfriendly

Hi southwest1,

Sorry to hear you have left Bank of Ireland.

Your own bank should be able to assist with the options available to transfer to a Bank of Ireland account with a narrative included.

Thanks

Billy

• Advertisement

In other words Billy,BOI no longer want to accept lodgements from customers unless they are online or through anouther Bank,yet you charge fees for what?Your obviuosly missing the point here ,you would imagine the banks would be more customer focussed and user friiendly considering its you guys who have the country in the state its in.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,369 ✭✭✭Tow

southwest1 wrote: »
    Your obviuosly missing the point here

The point is that the top management want to increase (return to) profit. Amongst other things they plan on doing this by reducing costs.  The banks largest cost are their staff.  If they reduce the workload on their staff by automating, outsourcing and offshoring then the existing staff's jobs become redundant.  At that point the bank says to the staff: Thanks for all the years service, hard work and dedication, here is a few bob and your P45. Oh and by the way, as you have not worked you full service your pension will be reduced as well.
    There are not worried about customer service and churn, all the banks are at it, we are now entering the Ryanair era of banking.

BTW Don't forget who the shareholders are ;)

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Voice of reason

Tow wrote: »
    The point is that the top management want to increase (return to) profit. Amongst other things they plan on doing this by reducing costs.  The banks largest cost are their staff.  If they reduce the workload on their staff by automating, outsourcing and offshoring then the existing staff's jobs become redundant.  At that point the bank says to the staff: Thanks for all the years service, hard work and dedication, here is a few bob and your P45. Oh and by the way, as you have not worked you full service your pension will be reduced as well.
    There are not worried about customer service and churn, all the banks are at it, we are now entering the Ryanair era of banking.

BTW Don't forget who the shareholders are
    I don't forget their largest shareholder................Wilbur Ross

Advertisement