Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logo design for fundraiser

Options
  • 17-02-2013 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Logos are like Tattoos: Cheap logos are not good and good logos are not cheap. No offense meant but as a freelance designer who has spent years learning the trade its an insult to ask for a cheap logo. People seem to think there is nothing in designing a logo. How would you like it if someone asked you to do your job for half nothing!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Waylander79

mikeweed wrote: »
    Logos are like Tattoos: Cheap logos are not good and good logos are not cheap. No offense meant but as a freelance designer who has spent years learning the trade its an insult to ask for a cheap logo. People seem to think there is nothing in designing a logo. How would you like it if someone asked you to do your job for half nothing!!!!

Glen_Cruisers_Logo_2012.jpg

This is an example of what I meant by a cheap logo. It's basic, does the job and because I designed it myself for free it meant that instead of spending a lot of money on a "freelancer designer who has spent years learning the trade" we can spend the money on more important things, like equipment for coaching the kids or jerseys for the underage teams. I might point out that in my post I had said we would pay for a logo and didn't expect anything for free despite the fact that financially our club barely survives from year to year. What I was hoping for was a graphic design student or someone who does it as a hobby to offer to help and to get paid for their effort. What we didn't want was someone who's skill level is so high and their time so valuable that they would get 'insulted' by our request. Since we all give our time for free in coaching the kids and in organising fundraisers clearly we would have no interest in working with such a person.

Consider the request withdrawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Not quite sure it does the job as well as you are hoping for. Initially I thought this was for something like a cross country or orienteering type of activity. Only after looking closely and after about 20 seconds did I notice that there's a ball there and then a bit more to figure out it's a basketball. For more and quicker recognition, you would be better off simplifying the glen motif, omitting the trees and making the basketball much more obvious. That way anybody seeing the logo will make a much better and quicker association to your activity which is what and how you want to communicate.

hope that helps

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I've moved the OP to the Services Wanted thread. If anyone is interested contact the OP via PM. I'm closing this thread as the discussion isn't going anywhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement