Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help re Apple Repair Service

• 12-02-2013 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

So I went through the various stages on the Apple website re getting a replacement or a repair for my iPhone 5.

I clicked that one of my problems was battery related and I also outlined various other issues I am having in the text box. It said that I did not have to pay anything at this time so I clicked submit.

It then came up on the screen:

Repair ID: ********

Be sure to keep your SIM card and accessories. Apple only needs your iPhone 5.
    Be sure to keep your accessories. They can't be returned.
    Your replacement will be delivered within 7 days after Apple receives your iPhone 5.

So my question is what now? I have heard of people saying that UPS come and collected their phone and delivered another etc. But it didn't say anything about that. It didn't tell me how to send it or where to send it or anything. Can anyone enlighten me as to what happens now?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

You'll get an empty box in the post with instructions. You put your iPhone in it and call the delivery company to come pick it up. A week(ish) later you get a new/refurbished phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

TBi wrote: »
    You'll get an empty box in the post with instructions. You put your iPhone in it and call the delivery company to come pick it up. A week(ish) later you get a new/refurbished phone.

Great. Thanks, appreciate it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

TBi wrote: »

+1

Or for a quicker pick up, you can drop the pack into your local depot for collection. Works for me as UPS are a 2 min drive from the house.

kceire wrote: »
    +1

Or for a quicker pick up, you can drop the pack into your local depot for collection. Works for me as UPS are a 2 min drive from the house.

As in after the envelope is delivered to me just drop it in the envelope to UPS or before you even got the envelope from Apple?

I'm only about 10mins from Finglas Depot or 15 from Ballymount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    As in after the envelope is delivered to me just drop it in the envelope to UPS or before you even got the envelope from Apple?

I'm only about 10mins from Finglas Depot or 15 from Ballymount.

AFTER. The envelope has the details which Apple/UPS needs to process your order.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I paid €30 ish for an option to have them ship me the refurb first, hold the value on my credit card, and then release the value again once mine was returned back. The UPS lad waited for me to pack my old phone after he delivered the replacement and took it away with him. I had to ring Apple for that option as far as I can remember.

Trotter wrote: »
    I paid €30 ish for an option to have them ship me the refurb first, hold the value on my credit card, and then release the value again once mine was returned back. The UPS lad waited for me to pack my old phone after he delivered the replacement and took it away with him. I had to ring Apple for that option as far as I can remember.

I had heard of this and had thought the option would be available to me when processing online but it never happened. I would have gladly opted for this as I can't really afford to be without my iPhone for any period of time at all. Raging now :-(

If I rang Apple does anyone know if the €29 refurb up front offer might be made available to me at this stage or is it too late now the wheels are in motion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Its probably too late bu do note that they hold the full price of an unlocked iPhone 5 (€599+)

miralize wrote: »
    Its probably too late bu do note that they hold the full price of an unlocked iPhone 5 (€599+)

Hmmm. might give it a try. Holding the value doesn't bother me at all once I have an iPhone to use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Yeah I've used it, very handy, especially since the nano sim cant be used with any other phone without an adapter, which is hard to find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Trotter wrote: »
    i can second this as this is what i had to do on christmas day.
    but seeing as it was christmas they did not charge the €30.
    to be honest if they charged me i would have went ballistic.
    phone was a christmas present and was faulty.
    so a 16 year old didnt have a happy christmas.
    must admit Apple customer service were good though.

Just phoned them. To be fair they are super helpful.

They have set up the Express Replacement for me and there is no €30 fee. They say that is covered by my network (Three). So there is just the holding fee until they receive my phone back from UPS and then they will release the funds back to my card so happy days. Very happy with that.

Cheers lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Nice one.
    Also u shouldn't be waiting,not knowing when the money will be back in your account.
    Mine was back in the day they got the faulty phone.

Can't fault the service to be fair. Rang to arrange it at 4pm yesterday & the replacement phone arrived in Dublin this morning & is out for delivery already.

19 hours after ringing Apple I had a replacement iPhone in my hand. Can't complain.

Cheers for help.

Now to create another thread for an issue I'm having re email since :-(

Advertisement