Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNIP

Options
  • 12-02-2013 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi everyone, was just wondering does anyone know what the waiting time for the SNIP application is? I got confirmation 2 and a half months ago that my application was received but they gave no indication of how long this process may take! Any info would greatly appreciated big thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Hi everyone, was just wondering does anyone know what the waiting time for the SNIP application is? I got confirmation 2 and a half months ago that my application was received but they gave no indication of how long this process may take! Any info would greatly appreciated big thanks in advance!!

Up to six months from receipt I think
    Ours has been in since august, we got notification of receipt in December and expect to have it reviewed in Aprilish
    I have heard of people waiting over a year - just to put the sh1ts up you

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrs McSweeney

Eh, it's SINP actually :D not the snip!

Ours was back in about 5 or 6 weeks I think, if you search back I started a thread about the SINP process, plus I think there are a few others too.

People seem to be having quite different waiting times for the SINP, I don't know why only I assume it's based on the specific job?

@ Mrs Mc

Out of curiosity did you get your job offer through an Expo in the RDS by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrs McSweeney

It's actually my other half that has already gone out to Canada. A friend of his got a job (through an expo as far as I'm aware). He went out there, loved it and got a job offer in the same company for my partner.

Both the friend and my partner had a short enough wait time, roughly 5-6 weeks from initial submission, including the request for additional info as some stuff didn't attach to the original file submitted.

I wonder if it's the industry they are working for (Oil), or the specific jobs they are doing (truck driving/operating industry specific machinery) that might explain the quick turn around compared to some other people's experiences?

The Sask government is processing SINP applications for companies who attend the Expos in Ireland is the reason

• Advertisement
Advertisement